PDA

View Full Version : GB HD Quad bricked - wont boot, only red led working

Rule
03-03-16, 11:37
Hello,

I have a problem with 2012 GB HD Quad model, suddenly it wont boot, when i turn it on I see only red led light, no lcd.
It is not possible to install new image via USB. I've read similar topic about Vu+ box, it had something to do with the power supply.

Has anyone had same problem? Is there a fix?

richardinspain
03-03-16, 17:06
Yes try reflashing through USb, download latest image, you may need a newer boot loader if it hasn't been flashed for sometime
Make sure you download the correct image for the HD Quad and NOT for the HD Quad plus

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/

Sorry , i just re read you post where you say, it is NOT possible to flash by usb..Have you tried all 3 usb slots? and perhaps try reformmating the usb stick, some usb sticks don't work, i have a few but only 1 or 2 work with flashing..Have you flashed the box before?

RimaNTSS
04-03-16, 14:02
I had more or less same problem. Solution was to send GB Quad to producer in Germany and they fixed it with no cost. I just payed shipping one way. Was very happy about such a support. :)

Rule
09-03-16, 21:51
I sent email to gigablue. Asking for a replacement of motherboard, but answer was- not possible. Probably they do not have spare parts for older models any more.

josweet
10-03-16, 01:34
Crack it open and take some pics of the internal PSU (top and side view) so we can see if anything is obviously gone.

RimaNTSS
13-03-16, 13:06
Asking for a replacement of motherboard, but answer was- not possible.
Why ask for replacement of motherboard? Why not send whole box to Gigablue to fix it?