PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Channels working intermittantly

no1baggiesfan
02-03-16, 21:50
When I select a channel eg: BT sport 1HD, box says 0 snr 0 agc "tune failed"

Go to signal finder, again 0 snr 0 agc, swap to 2nd dish "motorised" then back to dish A "fixed" I get 88% snr 89% agc for 5 seconds then it goes to 0 - 0

Reset box and channel works perfectly on dish A until I change channel then it does the same thing. "dish A is fine btw"

Channel list is my own scanned only 2-3 days ago so it is 100% up to date.

either my tuners/box is failing or this image is bugged.

Sicilian
03-03-16, 01:12
Check your coax, LNB, alignment, f connectors etc..

no1baggiesfan
03-03-16, 02:44
Check your coax, LNB, alignment, f connectors etc..

My dish, LNB and all connectors are fine, if they were not then I would be having issues with all channels all the time, this issue is only related to BT sports channel, it is perfectly watchable when its watchable, I had it on for 3 hours with not one single problem, the problem arises when I change channel and try to go back to it.

Andy_Hazza
03-03-16, 08:36
My dish, LNB and all connectors are fine, if they were not then I would be having issues with all channels all the time, this issue is only related to BT sports channel, it is perfectly watchable when its watchable, I had it on for 3 hours with not one single problem, the problem arises when I change channel and try to go back to it.

Not necessarily the case. You need to check LNB, Cabling and F-Connectors. Better still snip some cabling and reconnect F-Connectors. Something is amiss in your setup somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no1baggiesfan
03-03-16, 10:02
Not necessarily the case. You need to check LNB, Cabling and F-Connectors. Better still snip some cabling and reconnect F-Connectors. Something is amiss in your setup somewhere.

If that were the case why is it only affecting ONE channel on one TS ?? if there was something wrong with the cable, dish etc etc etc then more than one channel WOULD be affected ALL of the time ??? why is it when I reset the box the channel WORKS perfectly ??

Andy_Hazza
03-03-16, 10:07
Try ViX's ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) and see if it works.

no1baggiesfan
03-03-16, 17:24
[QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;393815]Try ViX's ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) and see if it works.

makes no difference at all

Andy_Hazza
03-03-16, 17:38
[QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;393815]Try ViX's ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) and see if it works.

makes no difference at all

Hhhmmmm. I would try 2 more things.1st one is swap twin feed cable around and try. The 2nd one would be to do a fresh install of ViX latest image (3.2-037) and setup as new with no settings and plugins restores. Also when setting up as new enable a swap file, the TM Twin is an old receiver and would benefit a swap file. To enable this press blue, ViX, Swap Manager, blue button to create, go with the 256MB option to your hdd (hard drive). After a few then press the yellow button then green button and exit out.

no1baggiesfan
03-03-16, 17:54
[QUOTE=no1baggiesfan;393859]

Hhhmmmm. I would try 2 more things.1st one is swap twin feed cable around and try. The 2nd one would be to do a fresh install of ViX latest image (3.2-037) and setup as new with no settings and plugins restores. Also when setting up as new enable a swap file, the TM Twin is an old receiver and would benefit a swap file. To enable this press blue, ViX, Swap Manager, blue button to create, go with the 256MB option to your hdd (hard drive). After a few then press the yellow button then green button and exit out.

always used a swap file :) usually use a USB tho, 128mb setting.