PDA

View Full Version : What can I get with no permanent internet

AllanMcD
01-03-16, 20:04
I would like a setup I can use in our motorhome I have a dish but need a box
What is my best option ?
I can get internet using my phone sometimes and can plug in (broadband) at home 5 days a week we normaly just go away at weekends when the bikes are on the TV.
Any help would be appreciated.
Allan

electrocop
01-03-16, 21:36
You haven't stated where you are located or what size of dish you intend to use. Both of these will have an impact on what you are actually able to receive. Assuming the obvious that you are in the UK and have a spare Sky Digital dish, you would be able to receive all free to air channels on Astra 28.2 or (probably) 19.2 east. You don't need the internet to receive satellite TV on an Enigma2 box, just for downloading the EPG data and updates.

AllanMcD
01-03-16, 21:43
Uk 80cm dish.
I will look into the Enigma2 Box.
Thanks
Allan

electrocop
02-03-16, 01:02
You will have plenty of choice with an 80cm dish - just bear in mind that a lot of services are scrambled.........
Enigma2 is just the operating system that the box uses - there are plenty of makes and models out there to choose from - my personal preference is for Vu+. Just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer.

^^COMPASS^^
03-03-16, 10:10
If you bought a EE Osprey 4G Router on Pay as yo go for £50 & topup when needed £10 -30 per month depending on how much data & how long you need it.

we have a touring van travel the length & breadth of the UK & only once i had no coverage,
all other times I've had 3G+ or 4G

I use a TP-LINK TL-WN823N N300 USB Wireless Adaptor plugged into the back of my VU+ which makes the connection to the EE Osprey 4G Router

Its really a good solution if your unnamed Receiver can connect wirelessly to the router.

staden321
09-03-16, 21:13
Or you could just tether your phone to it

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Shiv
12-03-16, 17:05
If you bought a EE Osprey 4G Router on Pay as yo go for £50 & topup when needed £10 -30 per month depending on how much data & how long you need it.

we have a touring van travel the length & breadth of the UK & only once i had no coverage,
all other times I've had 3G+ or 4G

I use a TP-LINK TL-WN823N N300 USB Wireless Adaptor plugged into the back of my VU+ which makes the connection to the EE Osprey 4G Router

Its really a good solution if your unnamed Receiver can connect wirelessly to the router.

Sorry if this sounds silly but with this pay as you go router can you put Ethernet into the router and sat box and just top it up?