PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] 037 image problems?

harryajh
01-03-16, 19:04
Upgraded to the latest Openvix image (3 2 037) from Hades 018 the other day.

All seemed to look fine except 2 problems I've now noticed -

1. CrossEPG auto-updating (that's worked for ages), doesn't bother to update now - I've tried "init 4", delete epg.dat, "init 3" but no difference - I have to manually do the download!

2. Also, setting a timer (which was virtually instantaneous before), now takes 20-30 secs - I get the spinning "VIX" symbol in the top left, and the timer eventually is set.

Any ideas people?

thanks in advance

EDIT : build is 037 but bizarrely, you can't edit the title?

abu baniaz
01-03-16, 19:09
Title edited.

What settings have you got for CrossEPG downloader?

harryajh
01-03-16, 19:34
changed download time by 5 mins to see if it made any difference, and it didn't

2stein
01-03-16, 20:00
2. Also, setting a timer (which was virtually instantaneous before), now takes 20-30 secs - I get the spinning "VIX" symbol in the top left, and the timer eventually is set.
i have this as well. has been there since the start of openvix 3.2 i think...

harryajh
01-03-16, 20:04
just trying to set epg.dat location to /media/hdd instead to see if that fixes crossepg problem. Doubt it has anything to do with timer one though

harryajh
01-03-16, 20:17
bizarrely no epg.dat file in /media/hdd directory like there was in /media/usb - even after another "init 3" - but epg data still shows against channels - now I am confused? -

EDIT : scrub that, needed "init 4" which must flush cache or something - only trouble is now, going to have to wait a day or two to see if it makes any difference - will post back

The timer delay is still bizarre though?

birdman
01-03-16, 20:28
EDIT : scrub that, needed "init 4" which must flush cache or something
No. init changes the current level of the init program. Since it is usually in state 3 "init 3" does nothing at all. "init 4" moves it to state 4, which will shutdown enigma2 (as it only runs in state 3). "init 3" will get enigma2 running again, and hence changes to startup-only factors get enacted.

harryajh
02-03-16, 09:31
well the /media/hdd directory idea failed - I guess it's a case of manually downloading and trying each image update until hopefully, it's fixed

twol
02-03-16, 10:12
Or you can try xlmtv importer and see if that works ... If so throw out crossepg and enable schedule for xmltv :)
Doesn,t fix the original problem but could give you a permanent solution.

2stein
02-03-16, 10:42
xmltv importer works fine. however, (at least for german channels) times are slightly different for some events. that's a bit annoying.

birdman
02-03-16, 11:08
2. Also, setting a timer (which was virtually instantaneous before), now takes 20-30 secs - I get the spinning "VIX" symbol in the top left, and the timer eventually is set.That sounds a bit like spinning up the hard-drive.

How do you set the timer (there are several routes to doing so)?
If you set another immediately afterwards, does it take a similar time, or is it much quicker?

harryajh
02-03-16, 11:34
just deleted crossepg directory as well to see if that helps, have to wait again though:( - will give xmltv idea a go if that fails though thanks

2stein
02-03-16, 11:55
That sounds a bit like spinning up the hard-drive.

How do you set the timer (there are several routes to doing so)?
If you set another immediately afterwards, does it take a similar time, or is it much quicker?

why would it spin up the hard-drive? even if epg data would be on /hdd/media it would be loaded in memory.
I had epg.data in flash and still the wait.

romdut
02-03-16, 16:09
A problem I am having with the updates is with 'IPTV' using the Live channels - none are loading up
I just get the error message 'login message error, only logged in user have access. set login data in configuration.
I have ther other icons and there are all working ok

harryajh
02-03-16, 17:07
it's about 18 seconds regardless how I set them and immediately afterwards, the same - really bizarre, like I said, before it was instantaneous - could it be linked to the crossepg update problem perhaps?

abu baniaz
02-03-16, 17:19
Which csv files are you importing?

What are the reasons/benefits achieved by digressing from the recommendations in the Vix manual? Namely 4.1.1.3 and 4.1.1.4

There is no need for the manual deletions. The feature to delete the EPG should be adequate.

The timers are created after obtaining details from the EPG data.

harryajh
02-03-16, 17:57
Which csv files are you importing?

What are the reasons/benefits achieved by digressing from the recommendations in the Vix manual? Namely 4.1.1.3 and 4.1.1.4

There is no need for the manual deletions. The feature to delete the EPG should be adequate.

The timers are created after obtaining details from the EPG data.

didn't realise that I was but see CSV option checked in screenshot. Don't remember ever setting it (and not even sure how I would get CSV files anyway), but this has been set and working for the last 8 months without problem, is this really the cause do you think?

abu baniaz
02-03-16, 18:23
I have been using CrossEPG (openTV EPG) for about 5 years. Not had an issue other than user error on my part.

birdman
02-03-16, 20:12
why would it spin up the hard-drive? even if epg data would be on /hdd/media it would be loaded in memory. You have a problem. I'm looking at the symptoms and trying to see what might cause it and rule some things out.

duoduo
02-03-16, 20:32
Did you fresh flash when you updated to 037?

harryajh
03-03-16, 10:57
Did you fresh flash when you updated to 037?

yes I did - epg now looks complete (although not sure if this was because I updated manually yesterday). Going to see what happens tomorrow, if it still looks dodgy, thinking of flashing from scratch and not restoring any settings (take screenshot of them 1st of course), to see if that makes any difference.

I added another dual tuner card in to my duo2 about 3 weeks ago, didn't notice any problems after (but possibly I just didn't notice them) - maybe something to do with this

harryajh
03-03-16, 17:19
woohoo! getting there, so flashed 037 but didn't restore saved settings and my timers are now setting immediately. Still have to wait until tomorrow to test crossepg but hopefully all sorted.

Absolutely no idea what caused these problems, can't think of anything that's changed for ages.

Hopefully this may help others, the MASSIVE lesson learned though, is to make sure you record all your own settings and not like me, forgot half of them - slow going but at least its working :)

many thanks for all the help chaps!

birdman
03-03-16, 19:28
Hopefully this may help others, the MASSIVE lesson learned though, is to make sure you record all your own settings and not like me, forgot half of them - slow going but at least its working :)!Do a daily backup and, when required, extract (manually) the /etc/enignma2/settings file from it, then compare it to the "live" one.

harryajh
04-03-16, 10:03
Do a daily backup and, when required, extract (manually) the /etc/enignma2/settings file from it, then compare it to the "live" one.

excellent tip birdman, and a really simple online comparison tool try - https://www.diffchecker.com/diff

harryajh
06-03-16, 08:24
last update to finish this one off, crossepg is now working perfectly as well so all sorted:thumbsup: