PDA

View Full Version : Technomate TM-5402 HD AND TIVU SAT CAM AND CARD

lindner
01-03-16, 17:13
I have a Technomate TM-5402 HD receiver and have just bought an official Tivusat Cam and HD Card. The card has been pre-activated and is in Technomate's C1 slot. The dish is pointing at 13 East. None of the scrambled Italian channels, i.e. Rai HD 1, 2, 3etc. will decode. All I get is a blank screen saying scrambled channel.

Can anyone help?

Sicilian
01-03-16, 17:57
Try the card directly in card slot, no need to use cam. Cams can sometimes have compatibility issues.

lindner
09-03-16, 13:19
Many thanks for this Sicilian. The card works fine directly in the card slot. I was told it would only work using the CAM + card on this receiver. Am puzzled why this didn't work.

I also tried the CAM+card in a Panasonic HD satellite receiver/HD recorder but couldn't get it to work, as I really wanted to be able to record programmes in HD too. Again, I've been told this combination works okay with Panasonic equipment.

Would be interested to hear anyone else's views on this and why the CAM+card combination hasn't worked on my equipment.

MM53
16-09-16, 20:54
I have purchased a Technomate TM 5402 HD M3 CI from the UK but to use in Lanzarote in a community complex where one input satellite cable connects to 4 different satellite dishes to cater for different languages. The receiver box has been set up so you can select any particular satellite so in my case Astra 2 28.2E but popping in my Sky freeview card does not give some of the channels that I had before in fact all that I have is the 228 freeview channels from Astra 2. Do I need a CAM module to interface with my card on this 4 different satellite set up?

Martin

MM53
10-10-16, 20:28
Hi Sicilian
I have purchased a Technomate TM 5402 HD M3 CI from the UK but to use in Lanzarote in a community complex where one input satellite cable connects to 4 different satellite dishes to cater for different languages. The receiver box has been set up so you can select any particular satellite so in my case Astra 2 28.2E but popping in my Sky freeview card does not give some of the channels that I had before in fact all that I have is the 228 freeview channels from Astra 2. Do I need a CAM module to interface with my card on this 4 different satellite set up?

Martin