PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Help needed to get started with CrossEPG

MysteryMan
01-03-16, 16:30
I have just taken ownership of a new Vu+ Solo2 with OpenVix 3.0.0 installed.

I have never used an EPG before and followed guidelines on here - it should now be setup and data downloaded.

Here comes the dumb question......how do you use it?!?!?!? I pressed the red button and get list of all upcoming programmes on that single channel. I was expecting something like Sky where you have time going across the screen and channels going down the screen - am I being too optimistic or just not using it right?

Thanks in advance for any help!

delboy21
01-03-16, 16:35
Press the epg button on remote. Its under the exit button.
Should bring up the epg data[emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MysteryMan
01-03-16, 16:44
Press the epg button on remote. Its under the exit button.
Should bring up the epg data[emoji106].

Now, I knew it was a dumb question but didn't realise is was quite THAT dumb!!!! :o

Thanks

gdmm
12-04-16, 14:48
Can I tag onto this.

I have followed the Openvix manual, but for the life of me I cannot get the EPG to list the channels as per Sky's listings.

What am I doing wrong?

Andy_Hazza
12-04-16, 15:12
Use CrossEPG and select OpenTV for your epg. Make sure epg data is stored to your hdd and schedule it to run every morning say 4am and then run CrossEPG downloader via blue button.

gdmm
12-04-16, 17:34
Thanks!

Is there any reason why the TV listings have skipped the Sky/certain HD channels?

101 is BBC Two. 105 where I would expect Channel 5 to be is skipped over. 136 for E4 is not listed either.

Also none of the Sky channels are listed.

Am I missing something obvious?

I am waiting on my broadband to be reconnected, not sure if it makes a difference?

IAmATeaf
15-04-16, 10:06
Thanks!

Is there any reason why the TV listings have skipped the Sky/certain HD channels?

101 is BBC Two. 105 where I would expect Channel 5 to be is skipped over. 136 for E4 is not listed either.

Also none of the Sky channels are listed.

Am I missing something obvious?

I am waiting on my broadband to be reconnected, not sure if it makes a difference?

That's more to do with your bouquet then CrossEPG, how are you getting your bouquet(s)?