PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] ZGemma setup HELP!!

holmesy01
29-02-16, 23:24
Hi all, I bought a ZGemma star2s for my parents for Christmas. Last week some of the channels started to disappear and my parents neglected to tell me. About a week later all channels were apparently gone. Before informing me of this, in his wisdom, my Father decided to start potching with the box. God knows what he has changed altogether, I think he's even done a factory reset. As you can imagine this is annoying to say the least. I have contacted the amazon seller who informs me that everything is ok his end, but apart from that response, he will not answer any of my further mails.

I have no experience with these but am quite good with technology. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction in terms of starting from scratch with this box.

I have attached an image showing the box information if this helps.

cactikid
29-02-16, 23:31
sorry to say you have bought a clone box with a patched image and will get no help here with them.

abu baniaz
29-02-16, 23:31
OpenVix do not make images for the Zgemma receivers, nor do we offer support for them. As youc an see from your screenshot, the receiver's name is being depicted as another receiver

Feel free to ask questions about any of the supported receivers.

holmesy01
01-03-16, 01:04
Sorry for my ignorance, is the box fake or is the firmware fake? is this bad? Do I just throw the box away?

cactikid
01-03-16, 01:18
zgemma con people into thinking box is supported here as you followed the screen info.firmware is from a max digital original receiver modded for zgemma.original receivers are supported here on forum if you decide in upgrading to a better box.:thumbsup:

holmesy01
01-03-16, 01:30
zgemma con people into thinking box is supported here as you followed the screen info.firmware is from a max digital original receiver modded for zgemma.original receivers are supported here on forum if you decide in upgrading to a better box.:thumbsup:

Ok, Thanks for your help!

What would you recommend as a better box?

cactikid
01-03-16, 01:52
too many to choose from single tuner cable ,single sat tuner up to quad tuners and sat/cable combo boxes.

Sicilian
01-03-16, 08:03
Look at the Edision OS Mini range http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision

Don't cost much more than Zgemma junk, come with TWO year hardware warranty and well supported.

Since we've been supporting Edision I've found two bugs, one a driver bug and the other needed a Enigma 2 patch. Both fixed within 24 hours, no other manufacturer has EVER fixed bugs so fast.

twol
01-03-16, 10:10
Well they have been around for a looooong time although not in this E2 arena .. So being European, perhaps used to being more responsive than the Korean outfits

IAmATeaf
01-03-16, 11:02

I always wondered why this box was regarded as a clone as it seemed as if it was independently developed but now having seen your words and the screenshots I now understand.

ronand
01-03-16, 13:35
Yes the screenshot should be enough to explain to everyone what a counterfeit receiver is

twol
01-03-16, 13:44
Yep, good info ..... although why other image groups support them is strange :)

rossi2000
01-03-16, 13:47
atv might show the correct info.

Bangord30
01-03-16, 14:08
Yeah think you can update online OK if use ATV

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk