PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-2-SUPER] No streaming over wifi

Rayne
29-02-16, 22:12
I've been using the Vu+ Player app to stream from my TM-Nano over Wifi successfully for a long time.

It was working fine about a 3 months ago; but when I tried again today the Vu+ app (on iOS) keeps saying "please check your wifi connection and entered data".

I can access Openwebif on my laptop and also stream to my laptop. My Openwebif settings are:

OpenWebInterface Enabled - Yes
Show box name in header - Yes
Use custom box name - No
HTTP Port - 00080
Enable HTTP Authentication - No
Enable HTTPS - No
Smart services renaing for XBMC - No
Enable parental control - yes
Add service name to stream information - yes

My Vu+ Player app settings are:

Manual Configuration
IP Address - 192.168.1.X
Zap mode - Multituner
Web-interface port - 80
Username - Root
Password - Blank
Cache - 2500

I know i'm using an old Vix version (Apollo 131) - but it's stable and i'm very happy with it. I've done a factory reset and no luck. Also removed and re-downloaded OpenWebIf - but still no luck. Also used the app on different phones with no luck.

Has anyone had this problem; or could anyone advise how to get wifi streaming back?

Thanks!!

abu baniaz
29-02-16, 23:14
Have you checked that the IP address of your receiver matches the settings in the VU+ player?

You may wish to try "Transcoding for Xtrend"

Rayne
29-02-16, 23:35
Yes - triple checked IP addresses and the Vu+ Player settings manage those on the STB.

Unfortunately 'transcoding for xtrend' is Android only (I'm using Apple iOS). I've already tried different apps but had similar problems (ie: app doesn't connect to box) with all of them.)

birdman
01-03-16, 01:31
Have you checked the streaming port under Advanced Settings (assuming the iOS version is similar to the Android one)?
And check the Transcoding parameters (ensure they are off?)

Rayne
01-03-16, 09:43
Have you checked the streaming port under Advanced Settings (assuming the iOS version is similar to the Android one)?
And check the Transcoding parameters (ensure they are off?)

the iOS version only allows basic settings (screenshot below). No idea how to check the transcoding parameters? Should I do that from within the app or on my box?

twol
01-03-16, 10:02
I see there is a vu+ player hd released to support the 4k, maybe it has more support?

Rayne
01-03-16, 19:57
I see there is a vu+ player hd released to support the 4k, maybe it has more support?

I tried the Vu+HD, but unfortunately got a similar error message - "Not a VuPlus products VuPlus". The only difference between the two apps was that the HD version asked me for a transcoding port (set by default to 8002).

I'm still not sure why it would stop working with provocation - could it be Port 80 has somehow closed on my wifi router?