PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP PLEASE. On going issue with Ultra UE, No cable scan picking up channel

hardy27
29-02-16, 17:22
Hi all,

Sometime ago I had posted a new thread regarding problems scanning/picking up DVB cable channels on Gigablue HD Ultra UE on the OpenVix Image. It came to a point where it was frustrating as i couldn't get a fix. I contacted GigaBlue and returned the Ultra UE. They had returned the receiver saying the receiver is working and they had re-flashed the UE to their own latest firmware image. The issue still remained.

I decided to reflash the firmware to Openvix. The Ultra UE finds 0 channels in automatic scan and manual scan. I have also tried ABM and it locks out.

Is there anyone who knows what the issue is and how to resolve this?? SEE BELOW:

- I have installed OpenVix Build 3.2 032 (still has the same issue on latest build if i re-flash the image)
- Tuner installed is Hybrid tuner DVB-c/t (http://www.gigablue.de/portfolio-item/hybrid-tuner-2/) - i have also tried different tuners from gigablue
- I have also tested the same cable feed and plugged this in tomy Vu+ Duo2 and it finds all the cable channels! so its not the cable wire/feed.
- I have swapped the cable feed for a standard Terrestrial feed and it works. so the tuner should be faulty if the t/t2 is picking up channels.
- I have tested the image on another UE and no luck
- I also have the new X3 and same problem.

I heard it could be the Cable.xml file so i replaced the files from the file on the vu+ duo2. no difference! So i restored the image back to how openvix developed it and tried again, i cannot suss this out. I have uploaded the backup image.

Is there anyone who knows what is the issue could be?

warwickd
09-03-16, 19:06
same issue here. I have tried everything I can think of, only had the box not even a week. thinking of plugging my old miraclebox back in and returning this one to WOS as it just simply doesn't work with the cable tuner

Sicilian
09-03-16, 19:56
same issue here. I have tried everything I can think of, only had the box not even a week. thinking of plugging my old miraclebox back in and returning this one to WOS as it just simply doesn't work with the cable tuner

What image build are you using? Think there was a driver issue which has been fixed, not sure if they're in 037 or not, need to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warwickd
09-03-16, 20:02
after nearly 3 hours of trying different things a reflash using image

openvix-gbultraue-release-3.2.015 has fixed this

is there a newer release that use the same drivers as this release as I like to keep my boxes up to date.

Sicilian
09-03-16, 20:14
Stick with 015 until new 3.3 images are released. Seems a driver issue between 015 and 037. Latest drivers are not in 037, but will be in new 3.3 images.

hardy27
16-03-16, 21:16
Stick with 015 until new 3.3 images are released. Seems a driver issue between 015 and 037. Latest drivers are not in 037, but will be in new 3.3 images.

Hi

I have also been pulling hairs and your right build 15 works great. Thank you both for all your help and taking the time to respond to this thread!!

Ola1664
25-03-16, 17:51
The latest openvix 4.0 works great with the box as well, especially for those of you having problems.

crossy4life
27-03-16, 13:34
Ive had my box with the latest image of vix and not a problem at all seems this has been fixed