PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] No Datat on Transponder Error - Box won't Re-Boot

GAH2402
28-02-16, 18:39
Guys,

Can replicate this quite easily:

Channel flick for a few minutes, arrived on scrambled channel that I can't open
Check in Softcam manager, CCCam 2.3.0 has stopped running, so I re-start it
CCCam 2.30. does seem to restart, but thereafter every channel flick to gives me the error "No Data on Transponder! Time-out reading PAT" (the error takes around 10 seconds before it appears)
Decide to try to re-start the box from within VIX, box hangs on screen saying "Your GigaBlue Quad is Rebooting"

I then need to forcibly restart from the power button on the back of the box and when it then re-starts, everything is OK. I have attached a log.

I will download Build 037 (I upgraded from Build 036 but didn't have this problem before the update was applied) and do a fresh install to see if that helps.

GAH

GAH2402
29-02-16, 11:46
Guys,

I seem to have another issue!

I can download (via Image Manager) the lasts Build 37, but when I press OK or the blue button on my remote, it doesn't restore that image, it creates another backup called ImageRestore!

Anyone seen this before?

GAH

twol
29-02-16, 12:25
So its 2 steps, 1) download image 2) go to 1st screen of Image Manager, find that image on the available backup's list and hit restore :)

GAH2402
29-02-16, 13:16
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but that's exactly what I've done???

It does the same with the newly downloaded image or any previous image backups that I have saved.

Gary

Tkr001
29-02-16, 20:15
I can't replicate your problem on a vuduo2 running build 37

GAH2402
29-02-16, 21:34
Thanks for the reply.

I managed to flash Build 037 direct from a USB, and when I used my settings backup, both issues were still there. I'll try tomorrow without the settings backup.

GAH

GAH2402
01-03-16, 11:21
Hi Everyone,

I have now done a fresh flash of Build 037 from USB, I didn't use a settings backup, and I did a very quick scan of 28E so I had some FTA channels. Box works fine, but if I try to restore any image from the Image Manager, all it does is create a backup called Imagerestore. It also creates a settings backup in Backup Manager with ImageManager in the title! I've never seen anything like this before, can anyone help?

GAH

twol
01-03-16, 12:02
I believe Imagerestore is "halfway house" ... you choose the image from the feeds and then select to restore .... it then unzips to Imagerestore and should then use a tool ofgwrite to complete the flash.
Andy Blackburn has just done an update to ImageManager to solve issues with sym links and ofgwrite, which I guess may be related to this issue .....in which case next build should (maybe) fix it :)

antosat
01-03-16, 17:34
Guys,

Can replicate this quite easily:

Channel flick for a few minutes, arrived on scrambled channel that I can't open
Check in Softcam manager, CCCam 2.3.0 has stopped running, so I re-start it
CCCam 2.30. does seem to restart, but thereafter every channel flick to gives me the error "No Data on Transponder! Time-out reading PAT" (the error takes around 10 seconds before it appears)
Decide to try to re-start the box from within VIX, box hangs on screen saying "Your GigaBlue Quad is Rebooting"

I then need to forcibly restart from the power button on the back of the box and when it then re-starts, everything is OK. I have attached a log.

I will download Build 037 (I upgraded from Build 036 but didn't have this problem before the update was applied) and do a fresh install to see if that helps.

GAH

this issue has been present on a number of Gigablue SE+ boxs for a while. The last image to work withoput these errors (for me) on the SE was 3.2 ver 09.

DaMacFunkin
01-03-16, 19:27
I believe Imagerestore is "halfway house" ... you choose the image from the feeds and then select to restore .... it then unzips to Imagerestore and should then use a tool ofgwrite to complete the flash.
Andy Blackburn has just done an update to ImageManager to solve issues with sym links and ofgwrite, which I guess may be related to this issue .....in which case next build should (maybe) fix it :)
I'm actually guessing/hoping that the image manager update is for the solo4k.

GAH2402
01-03-16, 19:37
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated!

Won't panic in the meantime, but will wait to see what the next version brings!

GAH

MrKappa
05-03-16, 10:25
I'm having the same error while zapping between channels and suddenly the emulator stop to work reading the local card and I get back screen witht "No Data on Transponder Error".
I have a Quad too with version 037. Please, do you confirm that the problem does not occur on 036? Thanks

GAH2402
05-03-16, 17:12
Hi,

For me the errors occurs on Build 036 and 037.

GAH

MrKappa
05-03-16, 17:30
Hi,

For me the errors occurs on Build 036 and 037.

GAH
Thanks. It means that you have flashed back to early releases, right?

GAH2402
06-03-16, 13:36
Hi,

I'm not flashing back to an earlier release, I'm just going to wait until there is a newer version available.

GAH

MrKappa
06-03-16, 14:18
Thanks, I flashed build 035 which seems to be ok and no issue until now.

GAH2402
06-03-16, 20:21
Hi,

Thanks for letting me know Build 35 is working fine, I might flash back to that version if a new version doesn't appear soon.

GAH

Joe_90
10-03-16, 22:28
I've had this same problem intermittently with most of the 3.2 release on a Quad Plus. I went back to the 018 build of Hades and problem did not recur. Am back on 3.2.037 and it happens maybe once a week. Can't replicate the problem reliably but I think it might be cccam 2.3.0 related as the first indication of the problem for me is the failure to clear a channel and cam manager failing to recognise the card in the slot.

MrKappa
17-03-16, 20:10
As this issue does not occur on build 35 did the Vix team understood what is the root cause of this crash? I hope it will not occur on next release. Just to know if any log or info might help.

GAH2402
18-03-16, 09:19
Hi,

Just to confirm what fat-tony said, I also found the first indication of the problem was also cccam 2.3.0 failing to clear a channel.

twol
18-03-16, 10:01
So if there are issues with CCcam 2.3.0 then I guess its time to move to Oscam where I believe there is still development :)

judge
18-03-16, 11:56
Very much doubt 'no data on transponder' is a cccam issue.
But yes, oscam is open source & constantly being developed so a better option all round.

Joe_90
18-03-16, 16:38
I raised a bug report on this weeks ago, but no other testers seem to have the issue. It's a weird one which puts the GB Quad+ into a state where it will not shut down even with ssh login followed by "shutdown -h now". I find as long as I stay away from encrypted channels I don't seem to get the problem. I only ever look at one or two channels on SKY once in a while so have never been motivated enough to change to oscam or whatever. I'll be dropping my SKY sub in a month in any case. When I rang to cancel last May I got a reduction in the sub which expires at the end of April - after that it's bye bye!

MrKappa
18-03-16, 19:25
Very much doubt 'no data on transponder' is a cccam issue.
But yes, oscam is open source & constantly being developed so a better option all round.

It's strange but I notice the same. There are some channels which seems to cause issue with emu and as I understood (but I'm not an expert!) it seems that it generate a crash at enigma level which makes that shut down command does not work, or we get "no data on transponder" or if I open a recorder program it does not start or I get black screen. If a developer require to reproduce we may provide a log. Otherwise I can expect that in the next OpenVix builds we might have the same problem.
I can confirm that, if I have the emu problem with build 035 it does work again simply stopping and restarting the emu (not the box).

abu baniaz
18-03-16, 22:06
Is the post by manic screwdriver any use?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50817-TV-Vlaanderen-CCcam-Problem&p=395494&viewfull=1#post395494

GAH2402
19-03-16, 10:04
Hi everyone,

It would seems to me that this issue is only effecting GigaBlue Quad boxes. Surely if it was a cccam issue, it would effect other boxes?

antosat
19-03-16, 11:06
Hi everyone,

It would seems to me that this issue is only effecting GigaBlue Quad boxes. Surely if it was a cccam issue, it would effect other boxes?

its affecting gigablue se+ boxs as well

Huevos
19-03-16, 14:19
I'm actually guessing/hoping that the image manager update is for the solo4k.You've got no hope of that at the minute. There is going to have to be some change to the way the flash is partitioned otherwise there would be a possibility of the box getting bricked.

Joe_90
20-03-16, 14:32
It may be some interaction between cccam and the Gigablue drivers perhaps? When this problem manifests itself on my GB Quad+ and an FTA recording is also in progress, the recording seems to finish ok, but the recorded length is zero. I find if I stay away from encrypted channels the problem doesn't manifest itself. @abu - your post no #25 seems related but refers to SECA encryption which is not relevant in my circumstance as it's NDS from SKY.