PDA

View Full Version : Sony TV Control

TedB
26-02-16, 15:34
I have not managed to get my Xtrend 10K remote to fully control my KDL-37EX503 TV. I have tried all the codes from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42678&d=1432049626 . A couple of codes (0156 & 0149) very limited control, notably excluding the numeric keys. It would be nice to be able to use it for the TV as well to cut down on the number of remotes, which seem to be breeding!

Has anyone succeeded with this or similar Sony TVs?

judge
26-02-16, 16:00
Why not use HDMI-CEC?

TedB
26-02-16, 19:34
Why not use HDMI-CEC?Past experience indicated that Sony only implement a small proportion of the key commands (but off-hand, I can't remember which). Also as I don't have/use satellite TV, the (Freeview) TV is frequently on when I would expect the PVR to be in deep standby.

twol
26-02-16, 20:53
An out of the box solution, but only if you have Apple products (iwatch, ipad, iphone), is Simplecontrol app which works through the devices IP address, although you can control via infra red.
For 2 devices its not cheap, but means you can throw away both remotes.
For multiple devices its great and provides complete control.

TedB
27-02-16, 10:18
An out of the box solution, but only if you have Apple products (iwatch, ipad, iphone), is Simplecontrol app which works through the devices IP address, although you can control via infra red.
For 2 devices its not cheap, but means you can throw away both remotes.
For multiple devices its great and provides complete control.Not an Apple owner/fan, I'm afraid.