PDA

View Full Version : After ReBoot-No Image On Tv

bumperbee
26-02-16, 08:19
Hi Everyone, it’s about my Vu+Duo2. After flashing the new image (openvix-3.2.037.release-vuduo2_usb), configuring the settings and doing a reboot, there is no more image on Tv, but a very small audio can be heard. The connection to the Tv is by Rca Plug as my Tv is an old model without Hdmi input.
I open up the OpenWebif on PC but can’t find any problem. The funny thing is the settings for display could not be found in Setting.
Please Help!
Thanks very much!

Ashley69
26-02-16, 09:14
I would reflash back to 0.36 and see if it still happens.

bumperbee
26-02-16, 11:11
Hi Ashley
Thanks very much the quick reply!
This is my first time using this Vu+ and this image.
But isn't it the latest is the best?

I had tested out using hdmi input and there is video and audio, working fine. Why isn't the RCA working? It is working initially when I am doing all the settings and installing plugins and there are some immediately restart too.

bumperbee
27-02-16, 00:27
It didn’t work for v0.36 and 0.35 also. I love this image, and I think this is the best image. Please help!

bumperbee
28-02-16, 00:09
I really love this image.

Anyone, please help!

TerryB
28-02-16, 10:44
When you flash it the start up wizard should appear. I think this would automatically output video on HDMI. If you are not using HDMI you may get the situation where you will just get a blank screen until you change the output to what you require.

Of course, all my assumptions could indeed be incorrect :D

twol
28-02-16, 11:00
The wizard gives you the option of hdmi or the alternatives based on the receivers capabilties and rotates through the options until you choose one .... starting with hdmi
Once chosen and you are through the wizard, check menu/setup/system/av settings
which should give the options for VU+ of hdmi, YPbPr or Scart just ensure it is set up for you TV correctly.

bumperbee
28-02-16, 21:00
Hi TerryB & Twol
In the very beginning of installation of the image, I had already selected RCA input, all through the setup I didn’t make any changes at all. After configuration, lastly are installing of pluggins and everything was still ok, only at some point of doing a reboot, the image was lost. I am using an old Tv that has got no Hdmi input.
Please Help!
Any suggestions are all welcome!

twol
28-02-16, 21:59
So before reboot (do you mean Enigma2 restart or a full restart??) check the settings above and ensure its set correctly, then do a settings backup (Vix/Backup Manager)
Then try E2 restart and finally full restart and post your results after each.
Lastly a Backp settings restore should return teh receiver to working with your TV.

TerryB
29-02-16, 08:19
Hi TerryB & Twol
In the very beginning of installation of the image, I had already selected RCA input, all through the setup I didn’t make any changes at all. After configuration, lastly are installing of pluggins and everything was still ok, only at some point of doing a reboot, the image was lost. I am using an old Tv that has got no Hdmi input.
Please Help!
Any suggestions are all welcome!

OK, so the image has flashed and you can see everything. It must be one of your plugins causing the issue. Try to leave everything 'as is' just flash, tune and epg and see if it all still works

bumperbee
29-02-16, 11:01
So before reboot (do you mean Enigma2 restart or a full restart??) check the settings above and ensure its set correctly, then do a settings backup (Vix/Backup Manager)
Then try E2 restart and finally full restart and post your results after each.
Lastly a Backp settings restore should return teh receiver to working with your TV.

Hi Twol, I mean a power supply off-on type of restart. Thanks very much, I try it out and let you know!

bumperbee
29-02-16, 11:02
OK, so the image has flashed and you can see everything. It must be one of your plugins causing the issue. Try to leave everything 'as is' just flash, tune and epg and see if it all still works

Hi TerryB, I think it may not be the cause of plugin, because when I test it using Hdmi, it’s ok, there is image and sound.

bumperbee
01-03-16, 06:04
Hi Twol, after flashing image “openvix-3.2.037.release-vuduo2_usb”, next I reinstate only general settings without any plugins. Then I perform the tests together with the results as shown below,
a. Restart – image ok
b. Restart GUI- image ok
c. Off & On main switch- No More Image
Please Help!

twol
01-03-16, 09:53
Well I guess the short term answer is don,t power off ...... Not sure why you do it!
However, I am surprised that there is a difference between power off and restart, unless its losing information in the Nand flash memory - I need somebody who knows what they are talking about to comment at this point!
However, as I am likely to be looking at the restart code over the next few days for my own reasons, will see if I can see anything, otherwise you need an expert :)

bumperbee
01-03-16, 21:59
Thanks Twol, my reasons are as follows,
1. the electricity supply to all of my multimedia equipment came from a time switch that is set to on and off automatically daily.
2. when using plugins, at some point in time it will hang for a long time. So the way I know how to rectify is to do a total restart.
I have been using Dreambox Dm7020Hdv2 for the past couple of years and is working fine.
Hi to All Experts, please help!

bumperbee
03-03-16, 11:22
Hi All Masters

Please Help!

twol
03-03-16, 12:33
Hi All Masters

Please Help!

Well, I tried on another forum, and to be honest apart from clock data you shouldn't be getting any difference... so wondering if you have a VU issue with the flash, as the info regarding your output device should be retained over a pwr On/Off.

bumperbee
03-03-16, 21:02
Hi Twol, thanks for the reply!
But the truth is it did not, the last time I tried with no installation of any plugin but only basic settings, the display still disappear.
Please tell me what is the meaning of clock data? Does it mean the time display?

twol
03-03-16, 21:25
Basically I don,t know of a reason why powering off for give an issue unless you were losing information by taking off power from the receiver..... which in general,should not happen .... so suggest an issue with the hardware.

bumperbee
05-03-16, 01:47
But the funny thing is when it is connected to Hdmi, there is image.