PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 4k - little help please!

Comfysofa
25-02-16, 20:15
As above.

Flashed the vix image, gone through the wizard but cant seem to scan anything - I know my dish is good as the zero upstairs is working fine off the same LNB (8output) so I'm guessing theres somewhere in the 4k where I tell it, its a normal LNB not one of the new ones....got more issues but I thought id get off the blocks first with this one...cheers to anyone that has a go...!

DaMacFunkin
25-02-16, 20:25
You should just need to go to tuner config and select simple, single, 28.2 for tuner a & b if both are connected.

Comfysofa
25-02-16, 20:33
Yep - that's what I did - nothing - I took the duo off which was working fine....ive got two feeds into this one, one off a fixed and one from a motorized 1m dish...

DaMacFunkin
25-02-16, 20:38
I have the same set up, 1 feed from an Octo fixed dish set as simple, single, 28.2 and 1 from motorised set as simple, usals etc, both lnb are normal universal types.
How are you trying to scan? ABM?
I don't think the 4k currently supports blind scan.

DaMacFunkin
25-02-16, 20:48
Maybe it doesn't support automatic scan either, I have just tried to do an automatic scan and ended up with permanent spinner and had to reboot box by telnet.
Go into manual scan and choose network scan that definitely works.

Comfysofa
25-02-16, 20:53
s'ok - I'm there - not sure what happened there....took it up to the front room just to double check...scanning now...

Next question and the one I'm dreading - oscam....ive got the server running off of a zero (running cccam2.30) and I read today I can install oscam on the 4k and then configure it to look at the cccam server - is that right??

Not sure if I can talk about cam config - if so sorry admins....wasn't sure what I could and could not talk about...

Comfysofa
25-02-16, 22:37
Just to say Ive been on it (OSCam) for a couple of hours now and not got it working....any help would be appreciated as ive no clue what I'm doing - cccam was easy compared to this!

Stanman
25-02-16, 22:46
Personal set up is fine. Line talk is not.

Your best bet is to read oscam wiki. Install oscam and post up any queries

Comfysofa
25-02-16, 22:52
Not sure what you mean by personal and line talk....ive been reading non stop for the last couple of hours and cant make head nor tail of it!!

Every time I come across a different webpage on how to set it up its different....all the walkthroughs of the different ways have not worked....

psykix
26-02-16, 01:12
If you are running a cccam server on one box, then why do you want to use OSCAM on the other box as the client? Just use cccam as the client on the other box.

judge
26-02-16, 01:23
If you are running a cccam server on one box, then why do you want to use OSCAM on the other box as the client? Just use cccam as the client on the other box.

cccam is an old & closed source cam, also doesn't run on the Solo 4K.
Better off running oscam on both boxes.

Comfysofa
26-02-16, 09:32
Yep - I know that but the point I was making was how to connect the oscam client on the 4k to the cccam client on the zero. Ive had some great help from the lads on the Linuxsat forum and gotten it working using the above config (oscam on the 4k and cccam on the zero) however returning to your point saying that oscam should be ran across all boxes...is that the better option - is oscam much better in all respects. As this is really new to me (no idea what I'm doing, just following peoples advice on getting configs set up) - am I ok to post my config files so people can advise how to turn the 4k into the server and make all the other boxes around the house oscam clients??

twol
26-02-16, 09:46
My understanding is that Oscam is still being developed, whereas the others like CCcam are not... so it is the ongoing future ...
Ref configs: there is sensitivity on OpenViX when people start talking about any form of cardsharing (and as its in the rules should be obeyed), also a trawl of the forums like those mentioned in your post is sufficient to get most people up and running :) ... But I must agree reading the Oscam wiki is like reading the Worlds most boring book with the risk of brain death :)

psykix
26-02-16, 09:51
You connect OSCAM to the cccam server using a C line just the same as you would with a cccam client. (In OSCAM create a CCCam reader - you can do this via the webif or config file), You also need to create a user and a group. However, you need to realise that the oscam client is one hop further away, so unless you have reshare enabled on the cccam server, then your OSCAM client won't work.

psykix
26-02-16, 09:52
Ah, didn't realise that cccam wouldn't run on a Solo 4k - makes sense I guess since it's not mipsel based, but not something that had occurred to me!

judge
26-02-16, 10:49
Please don't upload any cccam to oscam config files just yet. Only confuses the situation.
If using oscam & you probably should as it's constantly updated & open source, better to use it on all boxes.

Comfysofa
26-02-16, 13:28
Right ok - I must confess I'm the hardest person in the world to teach....this is new to me, so, its gonna take a lot for it to sink in....while I was pissing in the wind last night I did briefly get the webif part working, rebooted and then it stopped....

Stanman
26-02-16, 14:50
On the client boxes you need minimum a conf file and server file.

On the server box you will need a conf, server, user and dvapi to read the card and update it.