PDA

View Full Version : "timeout for tuner lock"

Yellow Ostrich
24-02-16, 21:24
Hi,

I’ve been using my Technomate Nano-T3 combo for a while using a satellite connection without issue. I thought I’d have a go at getting it to work with Cable.

I have the latest vix Image installed on the box. I think I have the tuners configured correctly.
Tuner c: (DVB-C) is enabled
Network ID: 00020 (for Oxford)
Used service scan type: Provider
Provider to Scan: Virgin Media UK (6952)
If I go into AutoBouquetsMaker and start scan after a few seconds I get a message “Timeout for tuner lock” – Automatic and Manuals scan don’t find any channels.
Signal Finder on the Satellite tuner shows a high percentage, Tuner C for DVB-C shows 0%.

OK so it sounds like a signal problem, but what I don’t get is that I have plugged in a Virgin HD box and it finds channels fine!! I can even use the RF Out on the Technomate into the Virgin HD box and the VHD box still has a signal and displays channels.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
YO

abu baniaz
24-02-16, 21:38
ABM issues are meant to be accompanied with a debug log. In your benefit to attach them.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

Yellow Ostrich
24-02-16, 21:51
Hi Abu,

Thank you for your reply.

I have attached a log file as suggested.

Regards,

YO

abu baniaz
24-02-16, 22:04
Can you go to signal finder and set it up exactly as I have shown:
Do you get a lock? (I won't get a lock on that frequncy as I am in a different area)
Can you perfrom a scan and confirm how many channels you get?

EDIT:
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Signal Finder

Yellow Ostrich
24-02-16, 22:21
Hi,

I think I configured as you've suggested but I don't get any channels.. :(

Could it be a faulty cable tuner? As indicated the Virgin HD box has a signal even passed the the RF out of the Technomate!! To me that would suggest that the Technomate is getting a signal.

Thanks,

YO

abu baniaz
24-02-16, 22:23
Sorry. SRate should be 6887

The surest way to test the tuner is to test in terrestrial mode.

Yellow Ostrich
24-02-16, 22:30
Thanks again, I've changed the Symbol Rate to 6887 but still no channels found.

Sorry but how do I "test in terrestrial mode"?

YO

abu baniaz
24-02-16, 22:34
Before we test terrestrail, Chaneg the frequency to 659 and try again.

Yellow Ostrich
24-02-16, 22:41
Frequency 659 & Srate 06887 didn't work either..

abu baniaz
24-02-16, 22:48
OK. Last thing, just to rule out any user errors, sorry to ask. Can you take a picture of the rear showing the connections and upload?

To test in terrestrial mode:
Connect to an aerial.
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration
Highlight Tuner C and press OK
Tuner Type should be highlighted with option set to DVB-C. Press right or left to change it to DVB-T2, leave it at Europe. Save.

Perform a scan using Tuner C.

Yellow Ostrich
24-02-16, 22:56
Hey, no problem at all, I really appreciate your help.

Picture attached as requested.

Yellow Ostrich
24-02-16, 22:58
Obviously the VM cable is connected to the RF IN and Satellite into LNB1.

I'll have to see if I still have the aerial cable run into the living room.

YO

P.S Just trying the Terrestrial Scan.

abu baniaz
24-02-16, 23:08
OK, DVB-C signal wire plugged into the correct connection (RF IN). Best to test the Terrestrial if you can. If that works, then you will have to look at signal issues. F-plugs, cables, splitters, local outtages etc.

As a separte thing, you would be better off connecting the satellite signal cable into tuner B. On the Solo2/Nano 2 Super/3t Combo, you can use internal loopthrough from B to A but not A to B.

Yellow Ostrich
24-02-16, 23:16
Thanks again Abu!!

The Terrestrial scan is picking up channels. So that proves the tuner is working. Great, I'll have ago and re-terminating the F-type connections at both ends tomorrow now.

I'll switch the Satellite connection from A to B and reconfigure that whilst I'm at it.

Sorry to be dumb but what is the purpose of the Loopthrough? Currently I only have one satellite Feed into this box (until I swap over my Quad LNB for an Octo anyway).

Great help and advice BTW..

Cheers,

YO

abu baniaz
24-02-16, 23:38
You will be able to record more channels. At the moment, you can only do one transponder(TP). The internal loop through will allow you to use another TP on the same quadrant. Hi/Lo combined with Vertical/Horizontal.

The 3T Combo has a sensitive hybrid tuner. It may even be a case of too much signal. You may need to add an attenuator. But do your checks first.

We were adding HD channels for ABM Terrestrail. Can you see if your area is listed here, if not please assist:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42301-ABM-Terrestrial-HD-%28UK%29-User-input-required

Yellow Ostrich
25-02-16, 22:02
Hi,

I'm exhausted, I've replaced every cable and still no joy. I've even used a sealed made up F-type to F-type cable direct from the Cable feed into the house, with and without an Attenuator. I've also tried the Cable supplied from VM direct from the feed in to the house without joy. The VHD box works without issue.

I know the terrestrial cable test worked but is there any chance that there could still be a fault with the tuner?

I am thinking of buying one of the cheaper cable receivers from WOS but I'm not really sure whether it is worth it or not??

Cheers,

YO

abu baniaz
25-02-16, 22:20
Set you tuner as pictured. Set your scan as pictured too. Start the scan and go make a cup of tea. Will take a while.

Report back if you get any channels.

Yellow Ostrich
26-02-16, 19:28
ziltch!! Thanks for all your help. I have ordered another box to try, not sure what to do if that doesn't work.

Pablo317
29-02-16, 18:08
Hi,

I’ve been using my Technomate Nano-T3 combo for a while using a satellite connection without issue. I thought I’d have a go at getting it to work with Cable.

I have the latest vix Image installed on the box. I think I have the tuners configured correctly.
Tuner c: (DVB-C) is enabled
Network ID: 00020 (for Oxford)
Used service scan type: Provider
Provider to Scan: Virgin Media UK (6952)
If I go into AutoBouquetsMaker and start scan after a few seconds I get a message “Timeout for tuner lock” – Automatic and Manuals scan don’t find any channels.
Signal Finder on the Satellite tuner shows a high percentage, Tuner C for DVB-C shows 0%.

OK so it sounds like a signal problem, but what I don’t get is that I have plugged in a Virgin HD box and it finds channels fine!! I can even use the RF Out on the Technomate into the Virgin HD box and the VHD box still has a signal and displays channels.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
YO

try a earlier software , just had the same issue and tried older software, done the same thing and no tuner locked message

Yellow Ostrich
29-02-16, 20:56
Set you tuner as pictured. Set your scan as pictured too. Start the scan and go make a cup of tea. Will take a while.

Report back if you get any channels.

Hi Abu,

I've bought another box from WOS and plugged it in, got similar problems when selecting the correct NetID etc but just started a scan with the Net ID set to 0 and it is finding channels :).

What do you suggest I do next?

Thanks,

YO

abu baniaz
29-02-16, 21:16
Double check netid in engineering/technical menu of official receiver.

Failing that, there is a thread title with " pure logs" part of name. there are some commands to run.

abu baniaz
01-03-16, 02:07
Thread is here:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38120-Logs-for-Pure-area-required&p=290811&viewfull=1#post290811

Yellow Ostrich
20-03-16, 16:44
Hi all,

I got rid of my Technomate 3T nano Combo as I couldn't get cable to work. I bought a cheaper box to try from W-O-S, the OSMINI with cable tuner and this works with cable (although ABM doesn't find any channels a complete scan does). I bought a 2nd hand Technomate nano-se combo. This also doesn't work..

I don't really get how I can get the cheaper receiver to work but not the technomates.. I'm not too bothered about the Technomates not working but I really want to buy a decent Cable receiver for the Living Room. Ideally a VU Solo 4k. But don't want to buy it if I can't get the cable tuner to work.

If I bought from W-O-S would they allow me to return it if I couldn't get the cable receiver working?

Is it worth going for the Vu Solo 4k over the Duo 2 or Solo 2?

Thanks,

YO.

twol
20-03-16, 16:53
Is it worth going for the Vu Solo 4k over the Duo 2 or Solo 2?

1st you should start your own post:)

So you have problems getting things to run and you are looking at a receiver that is still being bedded in, compared to 2 receivers that have been around and work?
... and if you don't have a 4K TV, even less reason to look at the VU 4K :)

Yellow Ostrich
20-03-16, 17:02
Hi,

thanks for the reply. I did actually start this thread originally and the latest question follows on from my original enquiry.

I don't currently have a 4k TV but will be getting one later in the year. I want to buy a Receiver with cable tuners which is fairly future proofed. I understand that the 4k Solo will upscale 1080p feeds but none of the other boxes mentioned will do that.

Cheers,

YO.

abu baniaz
20-03-16, 17:06
You did not post the results of this post
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38120-Logs-for-Pure-area-required&p=290811&viewfull=1#post290811

Does Lraizer's cable plugin work for you? It works differently.

Yellow Ostrich
20-03-16, 17:13
Hi Abu,

Thanks that seemed a bit complicated for me, I'll give it a go this afternoon though. I did try the Lraizer's cable plugin but I don't think it worked. I'll have a go at both with the Nano-SE.

Does this sound like the correct plugin? enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-cable_20160125_all.ipk

Cheers,

YO

abu baniaz
20-03-16, 17:18
Yes, that is the latest one IIRC.

Yellow Ostrich
20-03-16, 18:09
Hi,

I enabled logs rebooted ran a Cable scan using he plugin. setup as "pure" because Oxford is not listed.

Screen shot and log attached. (As with the nano-3t the nano-se doesn't appear to have a signal) again. the osmini does.

cheers,

YO

Yellow Ostrich
20-03-16, 18:35
Tried running the NIT_analyser and get an error:

abu baniaz
20-03-16, 18:41
There is an error on your screen. I dont think you run while on a cable channel. Have you tried using the bouquets from the OS mini.

Also, I found the tuners on the TM to be quite sensitive. You may need to use an attenuator.

Yellow Ostrich
20-03-16, 19:09
I did try an old NTL attenuator but it might be naff. I've just ordered an adjustable one.

Yellow Ostrich
06-04-16, 18:58
Hi,

Just an update for you. I bought an attenuator. That did not work. Because it sort of worked (not with ABM but with full scan) on the osmini I bought a sundtek usb hybrid tuner that also sort-of worked on the technomate (again full scan worked but not ABM).

As a test I decided to do a factory reset. Did the reset but set up the Cable tuner first and it worked (full scan and ABM) on both the Sundtek USB tuner and the Hybrid tuner on the Technomate SE combo (wish I hadn't got rid of the 3T-Combo now :( )..

So I now have a technomate Se combo working with both satellite and Cable. Just need to get the Sat - DVB-C autobouquets mix to work.

When I scan with enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-cable_20160125_all. I select pure and it creates fine. Do you want me to run it again and attach the logs so that you can get the information for Oxford?

Cheers, and thanks again for your help.

YO

abu baniaz
06-04-16, 23:29
Won't hurt to have them to double check.

ossie5
12-06-16, 00:20
I just worked out the frequency is wrong for Oxford in the XML, it needs correcting, I posted it here.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52060-Oxford-NetID-20