PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Different methos of adding AutoTimer causing issues?

AnotherDish
24-02-16, 18:46
In the EPGPIG, if you hit the blue button (Add AutoTimer), it opens up the AutoTimerr setup, like below

But if I hit the record button, then move down to "Add AutoTimer" option and click it, the menu above doesn't pop up, but the timer gets added, just without letting me customise any options.
How can I make it so the menu does pop up? Or is this a bug?

abu baniaz
24-02-16, 19:22
Which EPG screen are you referring to? Can you post a screenshot please?

When I press Record in Graphical EPG, this is what I get with an option to do either.

duoduo
25-02-16, 08:17
I think he is saying that it would be good to have the edit screen also pop up when you add auto timer by pressing the record button option.

judge
25-02-16, 09:23
I think he is saying that it would be good to have the edit screen also pop up when you add auto timer by pressing the record button option.
Why? It uses the defaults that are set & configurable. If you want to set something different just use the green button instead of the record button.

psykix
25-02-16, 10:08
Where do you set autotimer defaults?

ccs
25-02-16, 10:43
I think you go into menu/timers/autotimers and press menu. Can't check at the moment.

psykix
25-02-16, 11:03
Ah.. thanks for that - I hadn't noticed that option. Strange though, that if I add an autotimer in the EPG, then it does it for that day of the week, despite the fact that the filter for that is disabled.

birdman
25-02-16, 12:37
Strange though, that if I add an autotimer in the EPG, then it does it for that day of the week, despite the fact that the filter for that is disabled.If you add an AutoTimer from the EPG you pass through a screen with a set of 5 options on it, one of which is to restrict by day. If I unset that then the set autotimer has no day filter.

Mind you - whilst checking this I noticed that if I press Record in the EPG the Add timer/Add autotimer option pops up, but the Autotimer one doesn't actually do anything.

This is the associated debug log.

[InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 167 RECORD
[ActionMap] InfobarInstantRecord instantRecord
[ActionMap] unknown action InfobarInstantRecord/instantRecord! typo in keymap?
< 685.763196> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 a7 1
[InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 167 RECORD
[ActionMap] InfobarInstantRecord ShortRecord
[Skin] processing screen RecordTimerQuestion:
< 691.387447> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 6c 1
[InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 108 DOWN
[ActionMap] WizardActions down
[ActionMap] unknown action WizardActions/down! typo in keymap?
[ActionMap] WizardActions down
< 691.802200> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 6c 1
[InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 108 DOWN
< 694.729549> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 160 1
[InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 352 OK
[ActionMap] WizardActions ok
[ActionMap] unknown action WizardActions/ok! typo in keymap?
[ActionMap] WizardActions ok
[AutoTimer] No changes in configuration, won't parse
< 695.144194> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 160 1
[InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 352 OK

abu baniaz
25-02-16, 13:51
I don't understand what people mean by "the EPG" . Could someone explain please?

This is the current list of EPG screens we have. Very annoying trying to understand what people mean when there are different EPG screens.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48142-EPG-Screens-and-Navigation

abu baniaz
25-02-16, 14:04
That is exactly what I did.
posted in error. please ignore

birdman
25-02-16, 14:32
Mind you - whilst checking this I noticed that if I press Record in the EPG the Add timer/Add autotimer option pops up, but the Autotimer one doesn't actually do anything.That seems to be specific to me and some AT extensions I have in place....

AnotherDish
25-02-16, 15:46
Which EPG screen are you referring to? Can you post a screenshot please?

When I press Record in Graphical EPG, this is what I get with an option to do either.

In the Graphical EPG, and yes, I get that little option selector that appears, but when I choose "Add Autotimer" from that list, nothing pops up (no chance to customize). Once I leave the graphical EPG screen I am told a event has been added to the timer (It seems to only add the event I selected, not any future cratons). Is this right?

judge
25-02-16, 15:50
In the Graphical EPG, and yes, I get that little option selector that appears, but when I choose "Add Autotimer" from that list, nothing pops up (no chance to customize). Once I leave the graphical EPG screen I am told a event has been added to the timer (It seems to only add the event I selected, not any future cratons). Is this right?

Yes, that is correct behaviour.

abu baniaz
25-02-16, 16:08
Yes, that is correct behaviour.

I was of the understanding:
Selecting auto timer creates an auto timer entry using defaults (whch also covers future events). This in turn creates a timer for the event that had been highlighted immediately and then subsequent events that match the criteria.

Your statement suggest an auto timer and a single record timer are the same thing. Please elaborate.

judge
25-02-16, 16:15
I was of the understanding:
Selecting auto timer creates an auto timer entry using defaults (whch also covers future events). This in turn creates a timer for the event that had been highlighted immediately and then subsequent events that match the criteria.

Your statement suggest an auto timer and a single record timer are the same thing. Please elaborate.

Sorry Abu, I read that wrong, you are correct.

abu baniaz
25-02-16, 16:32
Thanks for clarifying.

On the subsequent "Import AutoTimer" screen, it would be nice if we could press a button and be able the AutoTimer values from there.

judge
25-02-16, 20:41
Looking at this again now & I don't see the issue.

In GEPG, short press record & get 2 options. Add Timer & Add AutoTimer. None require a confirmation or editing.
In GEPG, press green button for Add Timer, press blue button for Add AutoTimer. Both give you options to change settings.

What's the issue?

abu baniaz
25-02-16, 20:49
The penny has finally dropped for me, (duoduo got it in one ).

Setting up an autotimer without being able to edit the conditions is not as useful as setting one up and being able to edit it.

Difference between a blunt tool and a precision instrument.

duoduo
25-02-16, 22:36
Yes mate that's what I was saying. You see if you use the record button option then no customisation and so auto timers generated could include concurrent shows at all times of the day and not necessarily everyday at 8pm (as an example).

judge
25-02-16, 22:53
Setting up an autotimer without being able to edit the conditions is not as useful as setting one up and being able to edit it.

But that's what the blue button is for, or am I still confused?

abu baniaz
25-02-16, 23:09
Whether you press record and then add auto timer or do it by the blue button, result is the same. You cannot alter any of the timer values imported.

Even if we had an option to press that allows us to edit, that would be a good addition.

Ignore me. I'm confused.

judge
26-02-16, 00:12
Sorry Abu, I'm still confused. Are we talking about different things or am I missing something?

1) Graphic EPG, press record, choose Add AutoTimer. Then exit to live TV. AutoTimers are set.

46988 46989

2) Graphic EPG, press blue button for Add AutoTimer, config screen for the AutoTimer is shown.

abu baniaz
26-02-16, 00:37
Right more pennies dropping. I have edited my post. Sorry for confusing the issue. Using record button, doing as you have demonstrated sets the Autotimers, and done. End of.

I think that the OP wants the following:

Graphical EPG, select program, blue button (add auto timers), you get screen as above, then you get the edit screen as pictured. This edit screen has more options to fine tune.

psykix
26-02-16, 01:08
Exactly. In my case, for some reason the autotimer defaults ignore that there is no filter set for the day of the week, and proceeds to add an autotimer for only Thursday (I tried it today) despite me having day of the week filter disabled.

If it brought up the above screen, then at least you have the option to fine tune it or confirm the details.

birdman
26-02-16, 02:20

Difference between a blunt tool and a precision instrument.Which is why the Blue button (Add Auotimer) is there.
If you just want to add an AutoTimer with the defaults then you cab do so and remain where your are in the Graphical EPG. IIRC, popping up the AutoTimer menu (or any other "Screen") will, when you exit it, drop you back to "now" in the EPG, as it has no way of knowing where you originally were (from a thread several months ago...).

The same applies to using the Green button (Add Timer) and setting options there (such as where to put the recording..).

You have two options - use whichever you need.

AnotherDish
26-02-16, 03:00
Exactly. In my case, for some reason the autotimer defaults ignore that there is no filter set for the day of the week, and proceeds to add an autotimer for only Thursday (I tried it today) despite me having day of the week filter disabled.

If it brought up the above screen, then at least you have the option to fine tune it or confirm the details.

This is my exact issue, specifically why I was asking if it was possible to open up the editor screen from that record then add autotimer menu. Due to this weird error, it basically males using this version of the autotimer pointless. I guess this isn't intended is it?

birdman
26-02-16, 03:32
This is my exact issue, specifically why I was asking if it was possible to open up the editor screen from that record then add autotimer menu. Due to this weird error, it basically males using this version of the autotimer pointless. I guess this isn't intended is it?So why not just press the blue button?

duoduo
26-02-16, 08:00
I just think it's uneccesarry to have 2 options earmarked to add auto timer. I know we have been here before regarding remapping the coloured buttons, but just having the record button to do everything makes more sense to me, nice and easy keeping in line with the Vix philosophy..

judge
26-02-16, 08:29
I just think it's uneccesarry to have 2 options earmarked to add auto timer. I know we have been here before regarding remapping the coloured buttons, but just having the record button to do everything makes more sense to me, nice and easy keeping in line with the Vix philosophy..
Still don't get it. Both options are extremely handy.

duoduo
26-02-16, 11:29
Yes but why 2 options, 1 makes even more handy :p

judge
26-02-16, 12:26
Yes but why 2 options, 1 makes even more handy :p
Why not?
If a show is on once a week for 10 weeks, record button, autotimer.

If a show is on a few times a week, different times... blue button, autotimer, set timer options.

birdman
26-02-16, 12:46
Why not?
.... options.It's that last word that matters.

Tkr001
26-02-16, 21:48
Judge is right. If you always want the options then only ever use the blue button. If you only sometimes want the options then you are catered for too. I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

AnotherDish
26-02-16, 21:59
So is there no way to make it so hitting record then the add autotimer option ignore the date filter?

judge
27-02-16, 01:11
So is there no way to make it so hitting record then the add autotimer option ignore the date filter?

Yes, just press the blue button.
Two less button presses for the result you want.

AnotherDish
27-02-16, 01:59
Yes, just press the blue button.
Two less button presses for the result you want.

You say two less yet I have to manually deflect the date filter, then hit the green button twice to get through the extended options. Maybe I'm just doing this wrong?

judge
27-02-16, 02:37
You say two less yet I have to manually deflect the date filter, then hit the green button twice to get through the extended options. Maybe I'm just doing this wrong?

Thought you wanted the extra options provided by 'blue button' press as a screen when you press 'record', 'down', 'ok'?

Setting pre-configured defaults is a different matter.

AnotherDish
27-02-16, 18:22
Thought you wanted the extra options provided by 'blue button' press as a screen when you press 'record', 'down', 'ok'?

Setting pre-configured defaults is a different matter.

Well I've got my pre-configured defaults to not filter by date, yet even by adding by the record, down, ok method, It still filters by date. This surely isn't meant to happen, right?
Someone else in this thread mentioned having this issue too.