PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Remote Channel Stream Converter - Not updating EPG very well

hbw
21-02-16, 12:52
Hi, I have a VU+ Duo2 acting as a master STB and a VU+ Zero in another room acting as a client. Both boxes are running up to date VIX 3.2.036 images.

I can use the remote channel stream converter plugin to watch channels perfectly on the Zero, streaming from the Duo to the Zero is flawless, however the EPG on the Zero is very erratic, sometimes displaying the current programme, sometimes nothing. Some channels occasionally update their information, but sometimes they don't!

Should a box using the stream converter be able to display the EPG like the master server box does? If so are there any settings which will help?

Many thanks.

bellejt
21-02-16, 12:59
never got it working good here.Now i am on fallbacktuner and copy the list from main box to slave box.Don't know if with fallback tuner epg scan (crossepg) woukd work as on main box.

judge
21-02-16, 13:10
Mount the HDD storing the EPG on the client box & set the client box to read EPG from there.
Works flawlessly here.

bellejt
21-02-16, 13:13
my epg is on USB stick and tried to mount that but did not work (as nfs)

twol
21-02-16, 13:23
Use xlmtv importer on client box, saves messing around with crossepg, sharing devices etc.
Also using fallback tuner means that you can just use the exact same bouquets on both client & server, so everything is totally transparent to anybody using the client receiver :)

bellejt
21-02-16, 13:36
ok thx .Will try that later