PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo SE] Get ALL the channels scanned (make the choice manually)

linus
20-02-16, 16:22
Hello,

i have just receveid a solo SE V2, with twin dvb-t2.
I flashed it with the last OpenVix.
I live en France (if it's an important detail).

Here is the question:
From this place i could get some channels from twice transmitter.
The problem is that on the automatical scan, it chose alone witch one should be used.
In an optimal point, it could be good, but here it choose the wrong transmitter, so i have got no signal from the channel.

For exemple (i have got a commercial standard tuner to compare), it choose the transmitter 474 to get France3 but i got no signal, whereas the standard commercial permit me to chose from all the France 3 i get, and so finally i could choose the transmiter 490 from witch i get signal.
In fact it get me the complete list, and let me delete the one i do not want.

Is there a way to do that on openVix??
I know that perhaps i could do some mix with "manual" if i know the frequency i should use, that could be possible now, but in april all the frequency will change, and i do not know witch i would need to scan (and the commercial will not work at this time).

So in fact the question is just is there any way to get ALL the channels from ALL the transmitter even if there is double?

Thank's a lot. :)

abu baniaz
20-02-16, 16:31
Do you know which frequencies/channels you need to use?

linus
20-02-16, 16:39
hello.

Has i said for the moment i could has i got the other standard tuner, but when i will use the vu+ en april no.
All the channel with change.

To explain, the solo is a gift for my parents, to replace there old "standard" tuner that will not be compatible en april.
All the channel will use mpeg4 and the old tuner could not work with it.

abu baniaz
20-02-16, 16:58
It is no point discussing the standard tuner. We cannot do anything about it.

If your aerial can receive signal from more than one transmitter, there will always be problems with Enigma2. Unless you scan only the ones that apply to you.

In the terrestrail.xml file, the frequencies for each region are listed. If you can say what your area name is, and what channels/frequncies you need to scan, the details can be added. So in future, in your tuner configuration, you just select your area and scan. Only the ones that are in the selected region will be scanned.

The file is located here:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-tuxbox-common/blob/master/src/terrestrial.xml

At the moment, the whole of france is listed as one entry. It needs to have a separate entry for regions that have clashes with neighbouring masts/transmitters.

linus
20-02-16, 17:08
I was not discussing about the standard tuner.
I was just explain that for the moment i could get the frequency that i should use on the vu + from it as it work, but, in april i could not do it as it will not work.
So i could not imagine witch woul be the best for all the channel.

I just wonder why there is no possibility to just add all the channel and let the user choose witch one he wanted to use...
I was thinking that i have miss something but you confirm me that not.
I will take a look but i imagine that 474 and 490 are all scanned by openVix, but it choose to use the 474 (perphaps because he think that the reception is better from it in is scan test, i don t know).
But you say that there is no solution about that, so

If there is no solution, has you said, i could perhaps have a solution with a computer + tuner then scan all with wscan to get all the channel and then have the list i should use with the vu +, but all the people could not have this possibility...

If i give you the region, it would not really be a solution, because from 1km to me it could be 474 that should be use and not 490, so it would solve nothing in fact (except me), when you are between twice transmitter. :/

Thank's for your answer.

abu baniaz
20-02-16, 17:29
Q. I just wonder why there is no possibility to just add all the channel and let the user choose witch one he wanted to use...
A. It is possible.

Manual Scan > Select tuner
Type of scan: Change to User defined transponder
Channel: Select the one you want to scan.

Q. If there is no solution, has you said,
A. I did not say there is no solution. There is a solution.

Q. If i give you the region, it would not really be a solution,
A. That is solution for you.
Neighbouring location will need an entry for them. As I said, areas which can receive more than one mast need to be listed.

Q. I was thinking that i have miss something but you confirm me that not.
A. I have not confirmed you are not doing the right thing. I can conform that you should not scan all frequncies if you can receive from more than one transmitter. You need to scan the ones that are relevant to you.

Q. i could perhaps have a solution with a computer + tuner then scan all with wscan to get all the channel and then have the list i should use with the vu +, but all the people could not have this possibility...
A. That may not work.

Can you attach your lamedb file. It is located in /etc/enigma2/

Do you have a website to check transmitter details.

linus
20-02-16, 17:53
I think that i am not clear. :confused:

I have not confirmed you are not doing the right thing. I can conform that you should not scan all frequncies if you can receive from more than one transmitter. You need to scan the ones that are relevant to you.
It was exactly what i was thinking.
But as i said, in april, i will do not know witch would be the frequency i should scan!
That's why i said i will have to take a computer, scan all with wscan to get the frequency that i will have to enter in the manual scan on the vu+.

I will do it. :thumbsup:

Do you have a website to check transmitter details.
I have take a look, but do not find any real information, it's not a big town, and it's between twice big town (that's why i could have 2 transmitter).
Everything is not clear, and the orientation of the antena depend on where you are on the town for exemple.

LbCwby
21-02-16, 13:58
Hi Linus,

maybe the solution you are looking for is really easy, and has nothing to do with the technics.
When you scan, do a full manual scan, as mentioned.
After that is done (can take quite some time), you can put the channels you (your parents) want to have, in a favourite channel list.
I, f.e. live in Ireland and have 1 sat. to Astra 28, and 1 sat. to Astra 19.2.
All channels on both satellites scanned (total around 2000), and then made 1 favourite list with some 45 channels from SKY + some 30 from Astra 19.2.

Hans

linus
21-02-16, 18:42
I will do it. :thumbsup:

Here it is:

Hi Linus,

maybe the solution you are looking for is really easy, and has nothing to do with the technics.
When you scan, do a full manual scan, as mentioned.
After that is done (can take quite some time), you can put the channels you (your parents) want to have, in a favourite channel list.
I, f.e. live in Ireland and have 1 sat. to Astra 28, and 1 sat. to Astra 19.2.
All channels on both satellites scanned (total around 2000), and then made 1 favourite list with some 45 channels from SKY + some 30 from Astra 19.2.

Hans
hello.

I don t think that i am clear, i do not know why but...

You are saying that in manual mode if i scan "all" i could have all the channel and it will not choose automatically witch one he wanted to keep?
I explain again the problem.

The problem is that here, i have got two transmiter, with the same channel.
For exemple i could get France 3 from 474 and from 490mhz transmitter.
The problem is when i make a "all channel scan" it get only one France3 channel, and in fact, it's the 474mhz that do not work here.

Are you sure that your solution work to get Twice France 3 one from 474 and other from 490mhz with exactly the same name etc, it's just come from two transmitter.

abu baniaz
21-02-16, 21:02
Your lamedb/system contains the following frequencies.

frequency="474000000"
frequency="602000000"
frequency="498000000"
frequency="522000000"
frequency="506000000"
frequency="546000000"
frequency="746000000"
frequency="666000000"

As I said earlier, you need to scan only the ones that are good for you. I suggest you scan one good frequency at a time.

linus
21-02-16, 21:14
Ok thank's.

I just regret that there is no possibility to just add channel and do not make an automatic choice. :/

Because has the vu will be a gift, i should go to see them when there is change.
But it does not seems to have other solution then manual so then i will do it.

abu baniaz
21-02-16, 21:20
I just regret that there is no possibility to just add channel and do not make an automatic choice. :/

There is. I have posted in post 6 above already. Maybe someone can translate for you.

Manual Scan > Select tuner
Type of scan: Change to User defined transponder
Channel: Select the one you want to scan.

I wish you well in your quest.

linus
21-02-16, 21:25
No you post a manual solution in witch we should now the frequencies.
There is no automatic solution to scan all, and just add all what he found!
When there is two indentic channel, it make a choice on the automatic solution!

Has you said (and has you say again in the last post), if i know witch transpondeur i have to scan, i could MANUALLY scan to have the channel from the good transpondeur by select the frequency of the good transpondeur.
But that's not an automatic scan, you have to know the frequencies!
It's definitely not noob ready (it's not a problem for me, but for the person who will use it, has it's a gift).

I don t know why you do not understand what i say. :(
perhaps i do not explain well but i do not find any other word to explain.

abu baniaz
21-02-16, 21:34
Split those frequencies into two lists.

Good

Bad
"474000000"

linus
21-02-16, 21:36
If there is online update (from openvix), it will not be deleted or modified?

In fact thank's a lot for your help,

abu baniaz
21-02-16, 21:39
cest trop deficile

ccs
21-02-16, 21:41
Your lamedb/system contains the following frequencies.

frequency="474000000"
frequency="602000000"
frequency="498000000"
frequency="522000000"
frequency="506000000"
frequency="546000000"
frequency="746000000"
frequency="666000000"

As I said earlier, you need to scan only the ones that are good for you. I suggest you scan one good frequency at a time.
If the order of frequencies starts with the worst and improves to the best, wouldn't an automatic scan then leave you with the best possible duplicate channels?
(Assuming an existing channel is replaced if a duplicate is found.)

abu baniaz
21-02-16, 21:46
If the order of frequencies starts with the worst and improves to the best, wouldn't an automatic scan then leave you with the best possible duplicate channels?
(Assuming an existing channel is replaced if a duplicate is found.)

E2 does not work that way. You cannot even go with the strongest one either. Commerecial units scan in groups to avoid clashes, but even they occasionally require manual scanning. E2 does not do so.

The solution is very easy. He provides a list of frequencies that is good for his area and name for his area. We add it to the GiT. Job done. All future images will have the details available. Any other areas with clash issues can do the same.

linus
21-02-16, 21:48
Ok

So i will give you after april when all will change.

judge
21-02-16, 21:53
Ok

So i will give you after april when all will change.

And, what you need to use from now till April would also be a start!

linus
21-02-16, 22:01
Hello.
Has i said it's a gift, i have just made a rapid test this weekend to test on the place where the people will use it.
I keep it with me (to continue test/configure it), but here (so in an other place), there is no problem, when i make an automatic scan has there is only one transmitor

I should go back there in two or 3 weeks.

I wanted to say thank's for all the poeple, i am happy to see that there is a lot of fast help here. :)