PDA

View Full Version : Problem with new channels

rasod
20-02-16, 13:59
Hi guys, I'm searching for some new channels on my Vu+Duo on Telenor DVB-S2 Thor/Intelsat
12476 Mhz H 30000 8PSK-3/4 but I can't find them ...
Is it something about the tuners in my VuDuo because I can see them on my old Dreambox and on my VuDuo2 ?
Any suggestions ?

:confused:

/ rasod

Alec
22-02-16, 22:56
Hi guys, I'm searching for some new channels on my Vu+Duo on Telenor DVB-S2 Thor/Intelsat
12476 Mhz H 30000 8PSK-3/4 but I can't find them ...
Is it something about the tuners in my VuDuo because I can see them on my old Dreambox and on my VuDuo2 ?
Any suggestions ?

/ rasod

You could download a XML file and put it the box. As you have 2 Duo boxes, you could try downloading the files using dreamboxEDIT from the Duo2 to a computer and transferring them in to the Duo, and see if that works. But before you do make a backup.

rasod
23-02-16, 15:42
Hi Alec, thanks for your answer but I've tested it already.

The problem I have is that I don't get any picture. I've changed my image to openvix-3.2.030 to see if got any better but no change.
Earlier on openvix-3.0.808 I had a possibilty to setup the channel search with 8PSK but in the new image that option has been removed.
Should it be possible to find this rather high frequency ( 12476 Mhz ) on a VuDuo tuner ?

/ rasod

rasod
23-02-16, 16:37
Hi Alec, thanks for your answer but I've tested it already.

The problem I have is that I don't get any picture. I've changed my image to openvix-3.2.030 to see if got any better but no change.
Earlier on openvix-3.0.808 I had a possibilty to setup the channel search with 8PSK but in the new image that option has been removed.
Should it be possible to find this rather high frequency ( 12476 Mhz ) on a VuDuo tuner ?

/ rasod

rasod
23-02-16, 16:42
For clarifications ...
I'm trying to do a manual search for DVB-S2 Thor/Intelsat
12476 Mhz H 30000 8PSK-3/4. I would expect to find at least 5 channels on this frequency but I find NONE.
On my old Dreambox 800HD and on my VuDuo2 I can find those 5 channels.
The VuDuo is connected to the same parabol but of course it is using it's own Diseq's.
Tried to use the same Diseq as for my Dreambox but I still don't find the channels :-(

Sigh :confused::confused::confused:

/ rasod

cactikid
23-02-16, 22:45
have you checked here?

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-0.8W.php

abu baniaz
23-02-16, 22:48
Is the a problem scanning or receiving?

Are you able to try the lamedb from the working one and try on the non-working one

rasod
24-02-16, 00:08
Yes, and there I can find the channels ... My main concern is C More Golf HD.

rasod
24-02-16, 00:10
Hi abu, I'll try that tomorrow since it's now time for bed.

DaMacFunkin
24-02-16, 10:13
I have seen someone else saying they was unable to tune C More Golf HD, I did a full manual scan of 0.8w on my solo4k which brought in the channel and also restored a couple of other channels I had been having problems with.

rasod
24-02-16, 12:24
Hi Abu, tried with anoter lamedb from my VuDuo2 but no change. I still can't find any channels on 12476H ...
Why doesn't my scan work for this frequency ?

/ rasod

rasod
25-02-16, 14:14
I will make another try next week with the equipment in our summerhouse in the south of Sweden.
I still can't figure out why only my VuDuo can't find the channels no matter how I scan for them but my old Dreambox and my VuDuo2 finds them ...

twol
25-02-16, 14:55
Well if the Duo uses Samsung tuners (probably?) then they have a problem with 8psk channels if the signal is at all marginal ... at best they will take some time to lock

abu baniaz
25-02-16, 14:59
Tuning and scanning are tow different things. Forget scanning for now.

From working receiver:
Copy "lamedb" to your PC . It is located at /etc/enigma2/

Non-Working receiver:
Stop E2 from running using
init 4
Transfer the lamedb from PC to this PC
Retart with
init 4

Do not attempt to scan, just select one of the channels (they are already included in lamedb). Do they work?

rasod
06-09-16, 13:52
Hi abu, no it doesn't work. I saw what twol wrote about if VuDuo uses Samsung tuners they will have problem with 8PSK channels.
As a matter of fact all the channels that I can't find are all using 8PSK !
I want to thank twol for bringing some clarity to my problem, will it be the same with a VuSolo2 ?