PDA

View Full Version : mkv file problem on solo 4k

david1956
20-02-16, 13:11
Hi all

First time poster here

I just got a solo 4k to replace my duo from WofS it arrived yesterday

I was able to play all my mkv files on my windows pc via the duo no problem

but when I try to do that with the solo 4k I see the start of the file for a few moments then I get a black screen I still get audio and subtitles show

I have got openvix running on the solo as I had also on my duo

The files are 24fps and are not 4k

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do

Many thanks for any help

Andy_Hazza
20-02-16, 17:39
Hi all

First time poster here

I just got a solo 4k to replace my duo from WofS it arrived yesterday

I was able to play all my mkv files on my windows pc via the duo no problem

but when I try to do that with the solo 4k I see the start of the file for a few moments then I get a black screen I still get audio and subtitles show

I have got openvix running on the solo as I had also on my duo

The files are 24fps and are not 4k

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do

Many thanks for any help

You need to set the refresh rate to 50MHz on the Vu+ Solo4K. I'm guessing it will be set on Multi at the mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david1956
21-02-16, 07:59
Hi

Thanks for that

It does not work very well though, the files then play but at 50fps they look odd on screen 'cos they are 24fps files

I have found if I leave the solo on multi and start to play a file it is a blank screen but has sound if I ff the the file a few seconds it plays with picture

I am thinking the solo will need to be sent back if it cannot play 24f files as well as the duo

or maybe i need another image (not openvix) or another media player plugin

Andy_Hazza
21-02-16, 08:07
Hi

Thanks for that

It does not work very well though, the files then play but at 50fps they look odd on screen 'cos they are 24fps files

I have found if I leave the solo on multi and start to play a file it is a blank screen but has sound if I ff the the file a few seconds it plays with picture

I am thinking the solo will need to be sent back if it cannot play 24f files as well as the duo

or maybe i need another image (not openvix) or another media player plugin

Try setting it to 60MHz and test. It is a driver bug that Vu need to sort out.

Andy_Hazza
21-02-16, 08:09
Also as another test, could you use TsMuxeR and convert your mkv container file to mt2s format. Its a quick process.

david1956
21-02-16, 10:32
Hi

setting the output to 60hz works but then the mkv plays at 60hz and looks jumpy

I do not have tsmuxer but I do have videoredo so I put one of the mkv files in that and choose h264 m2ts file output

videoredo resaved the file with no reencoding and that worked with the vu solo 4k set to multiout the file played ok

not good though on a box that cost over £400 I have to re-save 100's of files in a new format when the older box (duo) could play them no problem

it looks like the solo 4k will go back tomorrow - if it has a bug then it is defective

Andy_Hazza
21-02-16, 10:38
Its a work around. Vu will fix eventually, they are just a little slow at responding. The Vu+ Solo4K is a fantastic receiver, but admittedly does have some teething issues at present. I would persevere with it personally.

david1956
21-02-16, 11:08
Hi

Yes it is a good box

I have a 1gig lan here and file transfer of ts files from the solo to my pc is way way faster than the 100mb lan the duo has

But a bug is a fault and needs fixing - do you know how long vu have known about it

I have seen a mention on the net of a auto resolution plug in

do you know if that would solve the problem

I meant to say thanks everso for your reply's