PDA

View Full Version : HDMI broken on ET10000

joysleep1
19-02-16, 14:06
A few weeks ago i seemed to lost HDMI output on my xtrend. I have no idea what happened. Maybe i had a dodgy TV or cable. Now i can not get any picture. So i factory resettled it and sent it back to AC SAT CORNER which is the company that i bought it from and they refused to repair is and the security seal as broken. I find this unfair because i had to remove it to install my hardrive.
Now when they send it back, can i use component cable to still get HD picture?

abu baniaz
19-02-16, 15:15
get in touch with trading standards. how else can you fit a hdd?

joysleep1
19-02-16, 15:31
get in touch with trading standards. how else can you fit a hdd?

would they do anything?
The company is from Germany.

abu baniaz
19-02-16, 15:34
Sorry, I don't know for sure.

joysleep1
19-02-16, 15:53
is there anywhere else i can send the receiver for repair?

twol
19-02-16, 16:29
would they do anything?
The company is from Germany.
Actually typically German companies are very good ...... I have just never come across the company you have bought from ...... Have you tried phoning ..... Most in this business do speak English!

joysleep1
19-02-16, 17:01
Actually typically German companies are very good ...... I have just never come across the company you have bought from ...... Have you tried phoning ..... Most in this business do speak English!

I have tried phoning numerous times. They do not speak English. Worst company ever. They wont even pay to sent my receiver back. They just stole my money. So frustrated.

dwarf
19-02-16, 17:27
How did you pay?

If it's by credit card I would dispute it with them.

joysleep1
19-02-16, 17:32
How did you pay?

If it's by credit card I would dispute it with them.

I paid via PayPal but i can not dispute as it was more than three months ago. I bought it last year March.

joysleep1
19-02-16, 17:45
but anyways, how would i use component to display picture and audio?

abu baniaz
19-02-16, 17:46
Three cables for video, two cables for audio.

dwarf
19-02-16, 17:49
If it was a credit card with paypal I would dispute it. Or contact xtrend directly.

As a fudge you could buy a component to HDMI cable.

Manny92
19-02-16, 19:12
Why didn't you buy the ET10k from W.O.S ? :confused:

joysleep1
20-02-16, 13:42
Why didn't you buy the ET10k from W.O.S ? :confused:

It wasn't available then.
But if I use component and then start my box. Would I get picture. How would I tell the box that I want it to try use component?

joysleep1
20-02-16, 13:43
If it was a credit card with paypal I would dispute it. Or contact xtrend directly.

As a fudge you could buy a component to HDMI cable.

You can't dispute transactions over three months and xtrend said you have to take it up with the retailer.

twol
20-02-16, 13:59
IF you ever think of buying again from Germany ( :) ) I will give you the names of 2 decent retailers!!!

joysleep1
20-02-16, 14:39
IF you ever think of buying again from Germany ( :) ) I will give you the names of 2 decent retailers!!!

I'll only ever buy from world of satellite now.

joysleep1
20-02-16, 14:39
So would component give me picture when I boot up?

joysleep1
22-02-16, 09:52
what i am worried about is that if i insert component, the receiver will still try find HDMI signal and it wont display anything. What would be a way around this?

abu baniaz
22-02-16, 10:03
At First Install Wizard, it scrolls and changes through the inputs.

You can change the display settings (and almost all other things) using the web interface.

joysleep1
22-02-16, 11:20
At First Install Wizard, it scrolls and changes through the inputs.

You can change the display settings (and almost all other things) using the web interface.

Sorry abu not following. How do i install Wizard.
And to use Web If you need to have the IP address sorted out first which is normally done after picture settings right>?

DaMacFunkin
22-02-16, 11:53
Your router might be able to give your your IP address, then login, if not then do a fresh flash from usb, on startup the wizard will kick in automatically, as Abu says it will cycle through the available display outputs, as soon as you see the picture appear on tv choose the component as display.

joysleep1
22-02-16, 12:04
Your router might be able to give your your IP address, then login, if not then do a fresh flash from usb, on startup the wizard will kick in automatically, as Abu says it will cycle through the available display outputs, as soon as you see the picture appear on tv choose the component as display.

oh i see makes sense.
Thanks

Any disadvantages using component over HDMI?

DaMacFunkin
22-02-16, 13:40
Not for 1080i.

joysleep1
22-02-16, 13:51
Not for 1080i.

That's not a big deal is it? . Sky hd only sends out 720p isn't it?