PDA

View Full Version : Power on problem with new ET8000

peter_mcgrath
18-02-16, 11:03
Hi there. I received a new Xtrend ET8000 from WoS yesterday and initially everything worked fine. I connected a hard driver to the back, two tv tuners, and a usb stick (also to the back). I ran through the initial set up and got ABM running and could view my channels. However, after doing all this, I moved my TV back into position and the ET8000 powered off. I haven't been able to turn it on since! Clicking the switch at the back has no impact. I tried a different power lead with no luck. Nothing happens when I try the remote. Any ideas what to try next?
Thanks in advance!

Bangord30
18-02-16, 11:09
I had that when I put in a new cable tuner inside. When I took it out it worked. Tried again and switched on first time.

Try taking out what you installed one by one to isolate the issue then take it from there

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

peter_mcgrath
18-02-16, 11:24
Thanks! I will try disconnect the hard drive and usb stick. I didn't install the tuners myself so I assume (hope!) they're ok. Thanks again.

peter_mcgrath
19-02-16, 10:21
Following on from this, I disconnected everything and still had the same problem. After jiggling the power lead at the back for a few minutes, the box sprung to life, only to die again once I let go of the lead. I tried a different lead with the same issue. I can only guess that it's the power unit itself.