PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help require with Hard Drive

sunlight786
18-02-16, 10:20
Hi,

I have strange problem with mounting my hard drive.

I tried 3 different boxes with openvix,openAtv image.

when i go to device manager i can see my hard drive in device manager and when i mount it as hdd then enigma2 restart but still it do not mount.

My biggest problem is I can not afford to Initialize the hard drive as I have too much important stuff belong to my kids in there which I do not want to loss otherwise it is easy to reformat.

please help me out asap.

twol
18-02-16, 12:27
How is it formatted? .... Should be ext3/4
If not then you are going to have backup all the data and then reinitialise

sunlight786
18-02-16, 12:51
Tell me how can I backup data ?

when I ftp the box I can not see any thing in movie folder mate BECAUSE hdd not mounted that why it d,nt see files. Until I do not mount I can backup ?

unless tell me which other way I can back up files? I tried to convert the HDD via usb to my windows 7 but it d,nt see any thing attached.

Please let me know a better way to get my data back.

can I convert to exte 3 or 4 and it give me option to save data?

twol
18-02-16, 13:27
"I tried to convert the HDD via usb to my windows 7 but it d,nt see any thing attached."
- then if windows cannot see it, either it is already in ext3/4 format (but then you should be able to mount it in the receiver) or not formatted, so how did you copy your children's data to the disk?
Is this a new disk or one that has been used previously?

Andy_Hazza
18-02-16, 18:29
Might be easier just to buy another HDD and install n use that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
18-02-16, 19:19
Please let me know a better way to get my data back.Back from where?
All you've mentioned is a disk-drive. Nothing about you putting data on it. If you did put data onto it, where was it attached when you did so?
Is this an "old" (== existing) drive that you've been using for some time and it has suddenly stopped working?

sunlight786
19-02-16, 23:34
I have installed blackhole 1.4.5 and the detect the hdd. why I do not know.

abu baniaz
19-02-16, 23:36
To mount a device, you do not have to initialise (format) it.

birdman
20-02-16, 02:19
I have installed blackhole 1.4.5 and the detect the hdd. why I do not know.OpenVix detected the hdd - but didn't find a file-system on it.

DaMacFunkin
20-02-16, 08:26
From what I can make out from your blurred picture your hard drive is identifying as sda1, probably because you have been using it on other images.
Press blue button/vix/mount setup and change the mount position to media/hdd and save it, you may then need to restart.

birdman
20-02-16, 13:14
From what I can make out from your blurred picture your hard drive is identifying as sda1, probably because you have been using it on other images.From what I (clearly) see it is device sda1 (so it at least has partition table) but the file-system is of an unknown type, and hence it is not mounted anywhere.

abu baniaz
20-02-16, 13:30
What file system are you using Sunlight? Is it exfat or ntfs?