PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Repeated Crashes on Software update

TedB
17-02-16, 15:53
I have just received a new Xtrend ET10K, with latest OpenVix selected on the order. However the date appeared to be mid-January, so I initiated a software up-date - big mistake as it is now in a loop rebooting every 20 seconds or so. I am unable to attach a boot log as it crashes before I can access it.

The displayed message on screen before rebooting always includes:

"SerienRecorder plugin not found
ER plugin not found"

and the last two lines:

"Import error: No module named EPGRefresh.EPGRefreshResource
< xxxxx> [ePyObject](CallObject(<Tools.BoundFunctunction.bound.Functioninstance at 0x72bb1238>,(0,))failed)"

though the xxxx and address change each time it reboots.

What should I do next?

abu baniaz
17-02-16, 16:14
issue this command

init 4 && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgrefresh

EDIT:
Even though it is boot looping, you can still access the crash logs.
Issue following command to stop the constant restarts

init 4
You will find the crash logs in /home/root/logs

Pretty sure the epg refresh installation will resolve your bootloop. The updates missing will be the GStreamer ones. Don't worry about it. Use the receiver as it is for now.

twol
17-02-16, 16:15
Its (in my view) always easier to do a settings backup, then do a couch flash (via image backup - download latest image and restore) and then a settings restore.
With software update, if you haven't checked that the new image might require a clean flash, you stand the chance of ending up with problems.
If in future you prefer to do software update then always backup the current image first so that you can restore that image in case of issues like the one posted.

TedB
17-02-16, 16:43
That did solve my problem - do you still want the crash log?

abu baniaz
17-02-16, 16:47
That did solve my problem - do you still want the crash log?
Yes please (as an attachment).

2stein
17-02-16, 16:50
If in future you prefer to do software update then always backup the current image first so that you can restore that image in case of issues like the one posted.
yes, good advice... i do the same.

TedB
17-02-16, 17:13
(Last) crash log attached:

Hope that helps.