PDA

View Full Version : recording

roystheboy
17-02-16, 10:41
Hello I have a Vu+Duo 2 with both cable and sat on it when I record from sat it works fine I can watch a channel and record another ,but on cable if I record say HTV and want to watch Sky sports I cant as all sky sports are greyed out and am unabled to watch them is there something that can be done hope you can help cheers take care

gibbletts
17-02-16, 11:28
Do you have both cable tuners set up correctly

roystheboy
17-02-16, 12:15
Hi not sure as I cant get the hang of this ,I got tuner A DVB-S NIM Tuner C DVB-S NIM and Tuner C DVB-C NIM all I want to do is record say HTV and watch Sky sports HD on cable as I use more of cable than Sky these days , its hard guys sorry I dont understand it all cheers

gibbletts
17-02-16, 12:23
You only have one cable tuner so you can only watch or record

roystheboy
17-02-16, 12:28
ahh ok thanks a lot ,could another cable tuner be added cheers

gibbletts
17-02-16, 12:50
Yeah I have twin sat and twin cable, this one will do it http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuners/VU-Plus-Tuners/VU-vuplus-dvb-t-t2-c-hybrid-dual-twin-tuner-module

roystheboy
17-02-16, 13:02
Thanks how would I fit that it is strait forward I never ever done something like this but I really want to have a go is there a tutorial for it thanks

DaMacFunkin
17-02-16, 14:14
Power off receiver, unplug? Remove 5 screws from lid and slide lid off. Identify retaining screw of tuner you wish to remove and unscrew it. Now pull the tuner away gently from the motherboard.
Perform steps in reverse to install new tuner module.

roystheboy
17-02-16, 14:47
thanks and how do I set the tuner up when its fitted cheers

timofee
17-02-16, 15:33
You have two satellite tuners and one cable tuner.

If you are recording Sky on cable you can get HTV on satellite.

roystheboy
17-02-16, 16:12
Hi but the sat is on a Cccam and the Cable is on a Mgcamd I would just want to use the cable side of it cheers

roystheboy
17-02-16, 16:13
and I need to watch Sky sports in HD on Cable as Sky sports is not available on sat cheers

abu baniaz
17-02-16, 16:57
Mind the rules!

roystheboy
17-02-16, 17:06
sorry didnt realise cheers

DaMacFunkin
17-02-16, 19:17
thanks and how do I set the tuner up when its fitted cheers

Plug your cable connection in, you only need one connection, then under tuner configuration set your network id for both dvb-c tuners, also set this network id under auto bouquets maker.

roystheboy
19-02-16, 15:19
hello thanks a lot I have just ordered a cable twin tuner I will receive it on Monday thanks ,just a question when I Install the twin tuner under the tuner configuration you say set my network id for both tuners ,what would be my network id where would I find that sorry for not knowing hope you can help cheers take care

gibbletts
19-02-16, 19:00
Go menu, setup, service searching, tuner configuration the select your cable tuner and make a note of the settings then when you get your tuner just make both tuners the same

roystheboy
19-02-16, 22:47
thanks a lot the network id in there is 00007 the used service scan type is provider is that right and provider to scan is virgin media uk 6952 is that ok and configuration mode is enabled is that right hope you can let me know cheers take care

abu baniaz
21-02-16, 16:46
Responding to your PM here so others can benefit too. Hope you dont mind.

The golden rule is every tuner must be configured to match what signal source is attached to it.

You currently have a DVB-C signal connected to one tuner. You will now have two DVB-C tuners. Has the signal source changed? No it hasn't. So the tuner/s which have this signal, must be set exactly the same as they are now. Make a note of them/take a screenshot and re-apply to your new tuners.

The complication is that some tuner modules are twin tuners and others are single, so depending on what slot your cable one is, sat may need altering. They may not need altering either. We had a user who could not understand the difference between tuner slot and tuner module. I am unclear by your description in post 3 (maybe just B/C error on second tuner). (I got tuner A DVB-S NIM Tuner C DVB-S NIM and Tuner C DVB-C NIM"). Perhaps you can post a screenshot of the following page: Menu > Information > Devices

The Vu-Plus twin hybrid tuner only has one signal input conenction. There is an internal splitter. You do not need to concern yourself with splitters etc You will plug in the same cable into the RF input slot.

Current Scenario One (most likely):
Slot 1: = Twin Sat module
Slot 2: = Single Hybrid module

Result
Tuner A: Sat with whatever tuner config you have
Tuner B: Sat with whatever tuner config you have
Tuner C: Cable with whatever settings you have

Future Scenario One after twin hybrid module
Slot 1: = Twin Sat module
Slot 2: = Twin Hybrid module

Result
Tuner A: Sat with whatever tuner config you had
Tuner B: Sat with whatever tuner config you had
Tuner C: Cable with whatever settings you had
Tuner D: Cable with whatever settings you had

Current Scenario Two (may not be the case)
Slot 1: = Single Hybrid module
Slot 2: = Twin Sat module

Result
Tuner A: Cable with whatever settings you have
Tuner B: Sat with whatever tuner config you have
Tuner C: Sat with whatever tuner config you have

Future Scenario Two after twin hybrid module
Slot 1: = Twin Hybrid module
Slot 2: = Twin Sat module

Result
Tuner A: Cable with whatever settings you had
Tuner B: Cable with whatever settings you had