PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo4K] Re: Fallback Tuner???

iamSteve
15-02-16, 18:48
Please can someone explain fall-back tuner for me?

The reason I ask is that I own a Solo4k and a solo2, currently the solo4k only has one lnb input used (and a dual DVB-T tuner, bun not relevant to this question). So last week I was able to record 4 different channels from the single lnb input at the same time even with my standard quad universal lnb, however last night was a timer clash trying to record 2 different channels from the single input. I assume this was something to do with being on a different frequency rage and polarity?

So this is what I did....
Set the fall back to the solo2 box 192.168.0.250
Port 8001

It still said it would clash as it could not be sure what the solo2 would be doing at the time of recording (although it was off and not used), so I changed the clash confirm from yes to no

This morning the timer shows as finished but no '2nd' program exists in the movie folder?

So how is this fallback supposed to work please?

Steve.

DaMacFunkin
15-02-16, 19:03
Have you actually tested the set up? record a channel on your 4k and then try to zap to channels in different blocks to see if the fallback tuner kicks in properly. ie record BBC1 HD and tune to ITV HD from your satellite list.

twol
15-02-16, 19:04
Fallback tuner: view as client and server.
In this case view the Solo2 is the server (if powered on either running/standby)
and the 4K is the client but tuners should be configured as not available :)
In other words great if you have a 2nd box with no tuners in a bedroom ..... it can pick up everything on the server box

iamSteve
15-02-16, 19:08
Have you actually tested the set up? record a channel on your 4k and then try to zap to channels in different blocks to see if the fallback tuner kicks in properly. ie record BBC1 HD and tune to ITV HD from your satellite list.

Not tested in this way, so will give that a try first.

iamSteve
15-02-16, 19:10
Current set-up (Until Sky HD box removed then two LNB's will be connected)

iamSteve
15-02-16, 20:05
Not tested in this way, so will give that a try first.

Initially it didnot work, however I then realised it was not enabled. So apart from blank screen vs picture how do I know if it's using a tuner in the solo 4K vs solo2?

Should I have conflicts set to yes or no, will the auto timer still set a timer?

judge
15-02-16, 20:34
Initially it didnot work, however I then realised it was not enabled.
Add http:// before the IP. Press the tet button for the virtual keyboard to make input a bit easier.

So apart from blank screen vs picture how do I know if it's using a tuner in the solo 4K vs solo2?
That is using Tuner A. If it's using a fallback tuner currently no tuner will be displayed in FIB.

iamSteve
15-02-16, 20:40
Although I used a previous screen grab, the above bbc grabs are with the fall back turned off then on.