PDA

View Full Version : [GI-XPEED LX3] GL LX2 - Picture Breakup Intermittently

reni10
15-02-16, 15:55
I have an LX2 that has been fine for a few weeks but now constantly has picture breakup on all channels like BBC 1 HD etc.

I have checked the dish alignment and it seems to be fine and Openvix is reporting 85 SNR for most of the channels.

When the breakup happens it does not seem to be weather related as the weather can be perfectly fine and I have checked the cables and LNB and again all seems fine.

When I bring up the signal finder on the LX2 I see the BER number climb rapidly and also the SNR sometimes briefly flicks to 0 and then back to 85.

Is this a driver issue or something like that on the LX2 or possibly another problem?

reni10
18-02-16, 18:28
No one has ever seen anything like this or can offer any advice?

Walt
18-02-16, 20:31
Seems odd. If it's not the cable or receiver that's faulty then I'd suspect the lnb.

TK4|2|1
19-02-16, 07:30
Does it happen all day or just at certain times of the day? Is there a pattern to when it is happening?
External influences can cause break up, i.e. Dect telephones and speed camera radar detectors fitted in cars.

reni10
19-02-16, 09:04
It seems to happen completely randomly.

I can't understand how the signal can be 85% one minute and then flick to 0% for a second and then back to 85%.

john doe
19-02-16, 09:44
somewhere there is an issues with the dish, lnb or cables. if it dropping from 85 to 0 then something is not right