PDA

View Full Version : Scan only bringing back a few channels

gh421
14-02-16, 21:17
Hi Guys

I bought a technomate single tuner box for my in laws and when trying to set it up I can only see 28.2 Astra 2E/2F/2.On my box at home I can see eutelsat.

When I try and do a scan I am only getting a handful of channels back. I've tried to use a different sat option but only 28.2 Astra is showing. on my box at home I can see eutelsat on my tuner.

Can anyone help? before this box they had an openbox and that had no issues finding channels

abu baniaz
15-02-16, 01:56
Most refernces to 28.2 are now just Astra, the eutelsat name is not used that often.

Not really sure what you are asking: You are unable to change satellites in tuner configuration or you are unable to scan more than one satellite?

Best to download a satellites.xml from

http://satellites-xml.org/
and transfer to /etc/enigma2/

Ensure your tuner configuration matches the dish/lnbs you have.

You can only scan the satellites that are configured. You should be getting over 900 on 28.2 If this is not happening, it is an alignment or hardware issue. LNB, cabling etc

gh421
15-02-16, 08:48
Hi,

In short I am not getting many channels when I do an automatic scam. The setup at the moment is that it's a quad lnb with 2 feeds going to one room with a usual sly plus box and a single feed going to another room with this technomate nano box.

I set this box up at my house in London and everything went smoothly with lots of channels being found. My in laws live in Devon and when I plugged it in I was getting a "tuner not found" error. Therefore I did an auto scan again and not many channels came back.

There was an openbox before this and it manages to pick up many channels

Willmoore
15-02-16, 10:03
I do the following when setting up a new box and always works for me.

Tuner config set to 28.2

Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker. then set your providers.
then
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG -> OpenTV providers, select Sky UK OpenTV,
then
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG - Download now, EPG sorted for your UK requirements.

abu baniaz
15-02-16, 11:45
"Signal not found" or "Tuner not found"

If you tested the box at your place and it was fine, likelihood is receiver is fine. Double check the f-plug is connected well and that there is no short circuit. You may also wish to test in the other room to rule out cabling. Some quad LNBs are temperamental when two receivers are connected to them. Switch off (at the mains, not just put in standby) the other receiver and try again.