PDA

View Full Version : [ET6x00] Boot stuck on welcome screen. Will not detect Bootloader on USB

gazzag67
14-02-16, 18:41
Hi,

I am trying to fix my friends ET6000 which seems to be constantly stuck in the boot welcome screen.

I have tried re-flashing a number of different openvix images old and new a well as openpli and stock xtrend.
Unfortunately I'm not sure which boot loader is currently installed.

When trying to load latest bootloader (i have tried various) the box does not seem to detect it as I never get the yellow and orange light, and 'up' appears to do nothing.

I have tried various USB's which iv tested on my ET9000, as well as naming the file et6x00, et6000, ET6X00 and ET6000 in root.

Can anyone recommend a solution or provide any help? I guessing I'm lightly doing something worn, but without knowing what is currently loaded on the box I'm not sure what the best way to start is.

This post is my last hope! Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks,

twol
14-02-16, 19:39
Always found if usb works on one receiver it works in all.
Ensure clean format to fat32
Extract et6xoo folder.
Only usb stick in receiver
Push up button (worth holding) as you power on
Wait until it reboots:)
I don,t have a high patience threshold .. So its worth having a cup,of coffee or something as it takes a few minutes

gazzag67
14-02-16, 20:27
Always found if usb works on one receiver it works in all.
Ensure clean format to fat32
Extract et6xoo folder.
Only usb stick in receiver
Push up button (worth holding) as you power on
Wait until it reboots:)
I don,t have a high patience threshold .. So its worth having a cup,of coffee or something as it takes a few minutes

Thanks TWOL.

I haven't tried a clean or blank USB as I was reluctant to wipe as it still worked on my et9000.

I will try holding up whilst powering machine, although I'm not so confident as I still don't see the yellow and orange light. Do I not have to wait for a signal to show the bootloader has been detected?

I will try suggestions and report back

twol
14-02-16, 20:45
Well in theory yes, but I would probably also try to force the flash which you can do by going into the et6x00 folder and renaming noforce to force..... But first format the stick! ....again