PDA

View Full Version : HDMI not working

carteman
12-02-16, 19:01
Hi all. Got a tricky one here bought a new tv Saturday set it all up lovely. Left it two days went to switch on and nothing!! Returned it to the store got a new one. Set up my vu solo only to find this isn't working either, so after a bit of fiddling, found the hdmi on the vu isn't working plugged it in to an old tv which has scart and it works fine. Only problem being is I don't have scart on the new tv??
Does anyone know if this is fixable, not sure if maybe a power surge from TV has in some way manage to fry the hdmi port on the vu.
The tv was deffo faulty as the shop tested it and replaced straight away.
Cheers guys.

pac2000
12-02-16, 19:23
You Can Get A Cable That Converts Scart To Composite And Audio (Yellow/Red/White Phonos)...

This Is A Scart To HDMI Convertor... Most Expensive Option @£22.59...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-HDMI-converter-convert-connect/dp/B0092IAA3I

Won't Be HD Though!!!

What You Need Is A Component Cable(The Green/Blue/Red Phonos) And Audio Cable(The Red/White Phonos)... Most TV's Either Have It Directly, Or Via A Jack plug Cable (That Came With The TV)...

That Will Produce HD On The TV From The Vu Solo...

carteman
12-02-16, 20:04
Got one in the loft I'll take a look. You sure you'll get the HD quality with that?

timofee
13-02-16, 15:57
Component output is HD, but don't know if the old Solo has Component output.

carteman
13-02-16, 19:41
Currently running it with scart with the red blue and green component but I'd say it's producing a far from HD picture. You reckon component cable with be better?

timofee
13-02-16, 23:04
Yes the component output will be far better.

You will need a triple cable for the video and a separate double cable for the audio.

Most people dont bother with component output because it's more complicated than connecting up with a single HDMI cable.

cactikid
14-02-16, 01:42
hate to throw a spanner in the works vu solo are now old and slow,many newer faster/better out now with good prices that would look better with new tv:D

carteman
14-02-16, 02:06
hate to throw a spanner in the works vu solo are now old and slow,many newer faster/better out now with good prices that would look better with new tv:D

Yea but works fine so why change, get everything I need from it so what's the problem????