PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Channel Numbering (ABM ISSUE?)

Ford1
11-02-16, 23:41
Now im not sure if this is the correct place, but bear with me. Tonight while recording slysports2, and then itv2 I came across a problem, if watching itv2, and then select 403 on the remote, I got "no free tuner" however if I went in to list, indeed slysports 2 was recording, and it di record, and I able to watch via the list section.

What I found was my timer had selected slysports2 to record, but not on channel 402, it was on another number, I couldn't find the channel number, but after some quick fiddling, I found I had duplicate channels numbered up to the 1000's I.E. 1008 and even 5008.

Is this something generated by ABM, or have I configured it incorrectly?

I have uk sky set to scan, and roi sky set to scan. I only scan and show hd sports from ROI, for setanta, although I never watch it so may delete it from the automated scan.

Any help with this would be appreciated, or even just a general point in the right direction. Thanks

abu baniaz
11-02-16, 23:57
ABM support threads are better off with debug logs. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

You probably have several providers selected.

Ford1
27-02-16, 09:44
still having issues, I think it may have been caused be an old scan or sky IE that refuses to clear, last night recording sky sports 2 and when the add break came on, I noticed that it was for Vodafone IE. I have tried to delete bouquets and re scan, with ony Granada custom region selected for only sky uk.

psykix
27-02-16, 09:50
Now im not sure if this is the correct place, but bear with me. Tonight while recording slysports2, and then itv2 I came across a problem, if watching itv2, and then select 403 on the remote, I got "no free tuner" however if I went in to list, indeed slysports 2 was recording, and it di record, and I able to watch via the list section.

What I found was my timer had selected slysports2 to record, but not on channel 402, it was on another number, I couldn't find the channel number, but after some quick fiddling, I found I had duplicate channels numbered up to the 1000's I.E. 1008 and even 5008.

Is this something generated by ABM, or have I configured it incorrectly?

I have uk sky set to scan, and roi sky set to scan. I only scan and show hd sports from ROI, for setanta, although I never watch it so may delete it from the automated scan.

Any help with this would be appreciated, or even just a general point in the right direction. Thanks

Whilst not a direct solution, if you stick with only Granada Custom (which I have) and make sure Include "not indexed" channels is enabled in ABM configuration, then the Setanta channels will be in the not indexed section of the bouquet along with all the other Irish channels.

(Turn off ROI as a provider)

abu baniaz
27-02-16, 13:41
These are your configs

[ABM-config] level: expert
[ABM-config] providers: sat_282_sky_uk:sdcustom_granada:133:
[ABM-config] keepbouquets:
[ABM-config] hidesections: sat_282_sky_uk:580|sat_282_sky_uk:700|sat_282_sky_ uk:780|sat_282_sky_uk:861|sat_282_sky_uk:998|sat_2 82_sky_uk:950|sat_282_sky_uk:1050
[ABM-config] add provider prefix: True
[ABM-config] show in extensions menu: False
[ABM-config] placement: top
[ABM-config] skip services on non-configured satellites: True
[ABM-config] show non-indexed: False
[ABM-config] schedule: True
[ABM-config] schedule time: [4, 0]
[ABM-config] schedule repeat: weekly

As mentioned above, you ought to enable non-indexed channels. Don't hide that section either.

Ford1
27-02-16, 15:04
If you can see on the attached pic, I have several options for the same channel, I.E. Sky Sports 1 has 4 options including a hd option, that I asked abm to not scan hd.

Some times when a auto timer selects the feed, it may choose any of the 4 "option" channels, these can have the number ranging in the 1000's instead of the generic sky number pattern (402), so in effect, tuner A is recording sky sports 1, if I manually tune to 402 it takes tuner B, as tuner A has sky sports 1 but on another channel number somewhere in the 1000's region

I hope you can understand my issue.

abu baniaz
27-02-16, 16:47
In what way are you browsing the channels? Your answer should be one of the following.

Bouquets/Favourites
Satellites
Providers

Have you modified the settings for ABM and run as suggested?
Please post a screenshot of your sports bouquet.

Ford1
27-02-16, 17:23
Im not sure the way im browsing the channels is an issue, or relevant, in my "epg" everything looks good, the bouquets are all correct, but when I press the up key on the remote, I get the screen as I attached earlier, and this is where I can find im on, say skysports 1 but instead of being 402, its numbered 1000+ (not sure of exact number as im away from receiver at the minuite) so it appears I may have multiple / duplicate channel lists.

Im not sure how this happens, but like I said, sometimes it can cause issues with timers polled, causing the requirement of two tuners to vies the same channel.

Is there an easy way to remove all channel lists, and start a fresh?

abu baniaz
27-02-16, 17:54
EPG is irrelevant to channel data.

The way you view your chaneenls is relevant. Because that is how you will end up setting timers. If you view from the satellite/provider list, you will see all the chanenls in alphabetical order. Just becuase theyhave teh same name, it does not mean they are the same channel. Check the transponder details.

All chanenl data is held im lamedb, there is only one list of chanenls/services. There can be many bouquets.

Command to delete chanenl data and bouquets is here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands&p=315344&viewfull=1#post315344

I don't think you need it. Running ABM as suggested will resolve your issue.
What is the option you have selected for "generate main bouquet"?

Huevos
27-02-16, 18:32
requirement of two tuners to vies the same channel.Record from sport bouquet, view from sport bouquet. If for some reason the box is using 2 tuners you are not doing this.

Ford1
27-02-16, 18:34
"generate main bouquet" set to yes. to view my channel list I mainly use the bouquets list in epg. sometines perssing the "up" button on my remote to move between channels in vlose proximity to the one im watching.

I alsi sometimes just use the known channel number, i.e. 401 106 101 etc.

abu baniaz
27-02-16, 18:43
Please stop mentioning EPG. It has nothing to do with your issue. We are only interested in channel lists/bouquets.

Simple answer:
Set "generate main bouqet" to any of the following and then run ABM again.
No
Yes (only HD)
Yes (only FTA HD)

More detailed answer:
Ask if you want it.

Ford1
27-02-16, 19:05
I keep mentioning epg because that is the button I press on my remote. then I have a "all channels" bouquet, then the sections bouquets. however if I press the "up" button while watching a channel I get a screen as I posted earlier. from this screen if I press "red" to view "All" this then shows several options for the channel I am watching. this led me to belive it may have multiple channel lists loaded. on several occasions, when pressing "Epg" and in all channels, if I go to set an auto timer, when it starts to record, it may now pick the standard sky numbered channel. and when I select the sky numbered, I find I need tuner b, as tundr a, although recording channel, is recording it from a separate transponder.

I hope this now makes sense, im composing this on my mobile via vnc to my pc, so please forgive any spelling or grammer issues.

I have now set "generatr main bouquet" to no, and will moniter the auto timers for any issues.

Huevos
27-02-16, 19:20
RED is a list of all channels loaded on the box. RED is NOT a bouquet. This is your issue. Use the bouquets and you will not have an issue. The box is just doing what you, the user, are telling it. There is no fault or bug.

Ford1
27-02-16, 19:52
no, all timers are set using the respective bouquets, not by pressing red, and selecting one 4 possible options. it may be a fault of the "user" and I never suggested it was any kind of bug. I also said I felt it was something I had done when setting up ABM. so thank you for misunderstanding my posts and pointing blame at me, this made me feel very stupid and was not very helpful.

thank you again Abu, you have been a great help on many occasions with my learning curve. and I appreciate your in-depth resolutions.

as I stated I have alterd the way ABM works by not allowing a main bouquet to be generated. I still however see several option/duplicate channels when pressing "red" and selecting all.

abu baniaz
27-02-16, 19:56
Those channels are not duplicates, they are different even though the service name is the same.

Recordings are scheduled based on service references. If the schedule is on a different service to the one in your bouquets, you will have to edit your timers.

Andy_Hazza
28-02-16, 06:38
no, as I stated I have alterd the way ABM works by not allowing a main bouquet to be generated. I still however see several option/duplicate channels when pressing "red" and selecting all.

Stop pressing the red button and selecting all! Exit out and while watching tv press the 'TV' button on the satellite receivers remote. This now brings your bouquets up. Scroll up n down using the up n down buttons, press of the 'OK' now enters you into the bouquet, I.e. (let's say sports) and all the sports channels will be listed, not duplicated either you will see. To come out of the 'Sports' bouquet just press the blue button. To exit the bouquet listings, press exit. To go back in press either the 'TV' or press the down button. All you need to remember is, 'TV' or down = inside your chosen bouquet (I.e. Sports), to come out of 'Sports' press the blue button, to exit press 'Exit' on the remote. Simples!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford1
28-02-16, 10:44
There is a big misconception that I am setting timers using the "all" section, I AM NOT. This is how I found that it was recording a different channel number than was in my bouquet.

The constant reference to "ALL" was simple to ask why I had listings for multiple channel options, and if I had set something wrong.

I cant get my head around, if I set to only scan Granada Custom, why I have the ability to "SEE" Multiple varients of the same channel.

As I stated, I have made a change to not generate a "ALL CHANNELS" bouquet, to see if this prevents this issue for me. but since doing this I can still "see" the duplicate channels when looking through the "ALL" section.

Simple question, why are these channels here, if they are irish options, when I haven't selected to scan irish channels. Is this because I have previously scanned irish sat, and they are somehow written to file and wont delete.

This is one reason why I asked how to delete ALL CHANNEL DATA and start again. Will these duplicate channels always be generated?

psykix
28-02-16, 10:58
Yes, they will always be generated. They are the same on mine.

Selecting Granada Custom just generates the bouquets appropriate for your region. You still have ALL the channels available when you press the red button.

Not sure why that matters though? If you use the bouquets, then your recordings will be on the correct channels.

I press add autotimer, then select the bouquet (say FTA HD) and from there select the channel. They are only listed once in the bouquets.

That's the whole reason for using ABM really.

Andy_Hazza
28-02-16, 11:27
There is a big misconception that I am setting timers using the "all" section, I AM NOT. This is how I found that it was recording a different channel number than was in my bouquet.

The constant reference to "ALL" was simple to ask why I had listings for multiple channel options, and if I had set something wrong.

I cant get my head around, if I set to only scan Granada Custom, why I have the ability to "SEE" Multiple varients of the same channel.

As I stated, I have made a change to not generate a "ALL CHANNELS" bouquet, to see if this prevents this issue for me. but since doing this I can still "see" the duplicate channels when looking through the "ALL" section.

Simple question, why are these channels here, if they are irish options, when I haven't selected to scan irish channels. Is this because I have previously scanned irish sat, and they are somehow written to file and wont delete.

This is one reason why I asked how to delete ALL CHANNEL DATA and start again. Will these duplicate channels always be generated?

All you need to do is follow my instructions and stick to using them. Forget the red button and all satellites, YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THIS!
You will get used to it after a while. You are a newbie and still learning so you are bound to do things you are unsure of. Thats the fun of it all, learning from your mistakes. [emoji4]

Huevos
28-02-16, 12:16
Go back and read post number 10 again.

Also, channels in the RED list are mixture of channels found by scans AND background scanning. Background scanning is done as you watch tv. Every time you zap to a channel the whole transponder is rescanned.

Ford1
28-02-16, 12:31
Thank you for finally explaining the reason for the duplicate channels in a manner that I understand, now please understand, that having read, and re-read your post #10 you didn't fully understand me, the only way I set timers was by arriving on a channel by either, zapping with its number, 402, or by using the sports bouquet, then setting this as an auto timer, scheduled for any day, any channel (sometimes on sky sports 1/2/3) (maybe this could be the reason?) at least twice it has recorded from a different channel source.

I think I took offence earlier at you post as it seemed a little dismissive, and not quite to do with the problem I was facing, I apologise for my flippent reply.

I now (kind of) understand why I have duplicate channel options, but still not quite why this happened. as stated, I only set recording by either dedicated bouquet, or dedicated channel number.

I shall moni9ter this and see if the problem arises again.

psykix
28-02-16, 13:14
Yes, you need to specify the channel in your recording, otherwise it will just search for the programme title across all channels.

Ford1
28-02-16, 13:47
so could this be the issue,

Select auto timer for "super league" whilst in sports bouquet ( any day/channel, time ), as the showing of "super league" changes from sky sports 1/2/3 depending on where sky decide to show it, the auto timer scans for ANY feed thus arriving at a non numbered channel?

psykix
28-02-16, 16:54
so could this be the issue,

Select auto timer for "super league" whilst in sports bouquet ( any day/channel, time ), as the showing of "super league" changes from sky sports 1/2/3 depending on where sky decide to show it, the auto timer scans for ANY feed thus arriving at a non numbered channel?

Well you are best setting up a separate autotimer for each of the sports channels that you actually want it to record on.

Set it to unique description on any service. And specify no time period, but only record on that specific channel.

Then, it will record every super league show on each of the channels you have set an autotimer for, but only if the description is unique.

Huevos
28-02-16, 16:54
And there is your problem. If you select "any channel" it can use a channel that is not in one of your user bouquets.

Ford1
04-03-16, 20:58
In what way are you browsing the channels? Your answer should be one of the following.

Bouquets/Favourites
Satellites
Providers

Have you modified the settings for ABM and run as suggested?
Please post a screenshot of your sports bouquet.

Iam really struggling to get my head round this, attached pic show my sport bouquet, and then a list from "all"

now I have tried several ways to add a timer via selecting 403 and pressing record, this records channel 403 for the duration of the programme, if I go via my "epg" and scroll to sports bouquet, then highlight sky sports 2 and select either add timer, or add auto timer, it seems to always select a different channel number than "403" if I run the command to delete all channels from the set top box, then how can I get it to generate only one channel list with none of the alternatives as shown when I select "all" ?

I am only selecting "all" to find the channel it is recording on, not to set up the original recording.

Can I prevent this "Background Scan" that has been mentioned?

Again, all my recordings are done through the relevant bouquet, I only ever look at the "all" section to see why it not recording on the correct sky uk channel number.

What is the file name and its location stored on the box, can I manually delete the duplicate channels from this file (Lamedb?)

Andy_Hazza
04-03-16, 22:12
Easiest way for you to set recordings is to press down while watching tv, lets say you are in the sports bouquet, but you want to set a recording on sky1, so you would press the blue button to go back one, scroll up to entertainment bouquet, press ok and highlight "sky1" then press the epg button. This gives you a 7 day guide on that channel.

Ford1
04-03-16, 22:14
I appreciate what you say, im just interested if there is any possiablr way to remove these "duplicate" channel options?

abu baniaz
05-03-16, 00:57
You would be better off editing your autotimer defaults so that it only sets timers on the same service. There is an option to only use chanenls in bouquets. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable with this topic will assist.

With regrads to your quesion of deleting the other services, you need to:
1. Disable background scanning in the image.
2. In ABM, disable non-indexed channels
3. Delete all channel data
4. Run ABM
5. You must not perform a non-ABM scan afterwards

I'd wait for guidance on the autotimers.

Ford1
05-03-16, 01:15
Thank you abu, this information is appreciated, do you know where the option to disable background scanning is located?

judge
05-03-16, 01:22
There really is no need to delete any services in the 'all' list.
Did you change any of the autotimer defaults?
If setting a timer, by default it will use the service it was set on.

abu baniaz
05-03-16, 01:29
There really is no need to delete any services in the 'all' list.
Did you change any of the autotimer defaults?
If setting a timer, by default it will use the service it was set on.

I am not too conversant with autotimer, but pretty sure it will record on any service where the event is found. Someone with cable had this problem where timers were being set on a non-viewable channel. Would appreciate some guidance on this.

judge
05-03-16, 02:33
I am not too conversant with autotimer, but pretty sure it will record on any service where the event is found. Someone with cable had this problem where timers were being set on a non-viewable channel. Would appreciate some guidance on this.
Same channels on AB generated bouquets here, set a timer on DVB-T or DVB-S, default settings use the correct tuner/timer, always have done even with same multiple channels, cant see DVB-C being much different?

Ford1
05-03-16, 15:01
Trying to add a timer for Super League, next week it is on Thursday/ Friday night, and Saturday tea time, it is on any of the sky sports channels, when setting this timer through the webif portal (just experimenting) I see an option to "Override found with alternative service" could this option be a solution?

I have selected from webif - Multi epg - sku uk sports - Thursday - sky sports 2 - super league - add auto timer. now on Friday it is on sky sports 1, I don't know what channel Saturday as yet.

Ford1
05-03-16, 15:40
Seen to haave sorted it, I have manually entered the auto-timer via the remote, and disabled the "alternative service" section, I shall monitor it next week and report back if it solves the issue.

Just to clarify, this apperars to be a bug (or operator error) in setting up the timer, and nothing to do with ABM, even though it felt like that origionally.

Thanks for all your help.

Huevos
05-03-16, 22:53
I am not too conversant with autotimer, but pretty sure it will record on any service where the event is found. Someone with cable had this problem where timers were being set on a non-viewable channel. Would appreciate some guidance on this.Auto timers are by service ref.

If I remember correct that guy was setting recordings from EPGSearch.