PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Customising Bouquets

Paul_B
11-02-16, 20:30
Distance lads... Spent about 2 hours last night deleting bouquets and formatting bouquets how I want them and I just tuned on my xtrend 8000 box there are all the bouquets are back to how they were before I started last night. Head is melted.

Any ideas how to change bouquets permanently?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Peterj
12-02-16, 09:23
Don't change bouquets made by ABM manual. They always will be overwritten during new scan.
When you want to customize them, use to custom_.....xls files of ABM.
Read the text file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/README.txt on your box,
or this thread: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Hacks

Paul_B
12-02-16, 10:03
Don't change bouquets made by ABM manual. They always will be overwritten during new scan.
When you want to customize them, use to custom_.....xls files of ABM.
Read the text file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/README.txt on your box,
or this thread: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Hacks

Is that the only way to do it?

That seems very complicated and time consuming and I am not confident I actually know how, I think I could actually make it worse!

Its a pain in the hole having about 20 different bouquets a lot of which I will never use. Takes about a minute to find the channel you want to use.

Id much prefer to have RTE1 and RTE2 as channels 1 and 2 followed by an order of channels that I most frequently watch instead of having to jump between bouquets each time.

I would like 5 or 6 bouquets max, i.e.

- Entertainment
- Kids
- Movies
- Sport
- Music
- Others

abu baniaz
12-02-16, 10:21
Have you already got a set of bouquets as you like? If so, upload them.

Paul_B
12-02-16, 10:23
Have you already got a set of bouquets as you like? If so, upload them.
Sorry, what do you mean can you elaborate a bit more?

abu baniaz
12-02-16, 10:39
Do you have a set of bouquets you have edited so that they contain the channels you want and also in the order that you want?

Huevos
12-02-16, 10:40
Grab the contents of /etc/enigma2. Put in a zip file. Upload to forum.

Paul_B
12-02-16, 10:44
My list is gone since ABM done it's update but I can create another list later this evening and upload it to the forum.

What happens after I do that?

abu baniaz
12-02-16, 10:48
ABM does not alter user bouquets.

If you alter ABM bouquets, it will recreate them as per programming and undo any changes you made to ABM's bouquets.

I'll have a look at it and draft a favourites.xml file for you. You can then finish it off. ABM will create bouquets as per your favourites.xml file

Have a look at this
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47379-ABM-Excel-file-to-help-make-customised-bouquets&p=369214&viewfull=1#post369214

Huevos
12-02-16, 10:48
Create your list in a spread sheet. Include channel name, channel number, provider, and bouquet you want it to appear in.

ghostivv
12-02-16, 11:13
I'm using favorites.xml to suits my need and happy to report working flawless since then. I've got bouquets how I wanted and channels in order I prefer. Stays intact after ABM update too.

Paul_B
12-02-16, 11:39
Thanks for helping me lads, sorry just so I am clear on this, if I create a spreadsheet with the channel name, channel number, provider, and bouquet I want it to appear in and upload this spreadsheet to WOS, what will I have to do to actually implement this list onto my box so the bouquets appear as as my spreadsheet?

abu baniaz
12-02-16, 11:43
Thanks for helping me lads, sorry just so I am clear on this, if I create a spreadsheet with the channel name, channel number, provider, and bouquet I want it to appear in and upload this spreadsheet to WOS, what will I have to do to actually implement this list onto my box so the bouquets appear as as my spreadsheet?

Did you read post 9? Particularly this statement.

I'll have a look at it and draft a favourites.xml file for you. You can then finish it off. ABM will create bouquets as per your favourites.xml file

You have PeterJ and Huevos on the case too, that is two ABM developers offering to help.

ghostivv
12-02-16, 12:08

I've attached basic copy of my favourites.xml (slightly modified for your use but may need few changes, no HD swap). Upload to your box using ftp program,location: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/. Then on ABM menu->expert->keep all non-ABM -NO.
Hide sections: tick the sections you don't have on fav.xml and which you want to keep. eg mines unticked on: Non indexed
Delete bouquets & start scan

favourites.xml (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aeHXc8oCifNXZwMVNGRWZXQTQ/view?usp=sharing)

Paul_B
12-02-16, 12:10
OK thanks, let me have a look at this later when i get home. It may be late tonight or tomorrow morning before I can upload the file to WOS if thats okay

Huevos
12-02-16, 12:23
Paul the reason for the spreadsheet is so we know exactly what you are trying to create. Then we can show you what to do based on your exact requirements.

Paul_B
12-02-16, 12:45
I've attached basic copy of my favourites.xml (slightly modified for your use but may need few changes, no HD swap). Upload to your box using ftp program,location: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/. Then on ABM menu->expert->keep all non-ABM -NO.
Hide sections: tick the sections you don't have on fav.xml and which you want to keep. eg mines unticked on: Non indexed
Delete bouquets & start scan

favourites.xml (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aeHXc8oCifNXZwMVNGRWZXQTQ/view?usp=sharing)

Thanks for this mate.

Does this appear under your Favorites section when you press the guide button on the remote?

Does all the other default ABM bouquets also appear or are they gone?

Paul_B
12-02-16, 13:57
OK, here is the way I would like my bouquets to be listed on my box.

Appreciate any help on how to to this. Thanks

sparky119
12-02-16, 15:37
Why not just hide bouquets that u don't want ie when in the main bouquets menu..ie all channels hd sports etc highlight the one u don't want ie adult press menu and the option is there to hide.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
13-02-16, 04:13
Unzip/unrar/extarct/inflate the favourites.xml file and transfer it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/

Set up ABM as pictured.

Sky ROI = Yes
Main Bouquet = Yes,
everything else = no.

Sky UK = Yes
everything else = no.

I am also attaching the excel file in its original layout with your channels should you wish to tweak later. you were asked to have the provider's name too. Hopefully you will see where this comes into play.

Notes:
RTE2 HD is no longer viewable on third party receivers
Channel 5 HD is not currently viewable on third party receivers
BBC 3 will cease being a TV channel and will be an interweb channel from 16th
If you have Saorview, you can place those in too.

You want the large bouquet and also want to have your favourites start at 1. This is not possible. However, you can have alternate numbering on. This will result in all bouquets starting at 1.
Menu > Setup > System > Channel selection settings > Alternative numbering mode

Shorter way
Open channel list and press menu > settings

Paul_B
13-02-16, 09:02
Unzip/unrar/extarct/inflate the favourites.xml file and transfer it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/

Set up ABM as pictured.

Sky ROI = Yes
Main Bouquet = Yes,
everything else = no.

Sky UK = Yes
everything else = no.

I am also attaching the excel file in its original layout with your channels should you wish to tweak later. you were asked to have the provider's name too. Hopefully you will see where this comes into play.

Notes:
RTE2 HD is no longer viewable on third party receivers
Channel 5 HD is not currently viewable on third party receivers
BBC 3 will cease being a TV channel and will be an interweb channel from 16th
If you have Saorview, you can place those in too.

You want the large bouquet and also want to have your favourites start at 1. This is not possible. However, you can have alternate numbering on. This will result in all bouquets starting at 1.
Menu > Setup > System > Channel selection settings > Alternative numbering mode

Shorter way
Open channel list and press menu > settings
Thanks a lot mate, I will try that out today [emoji3]

Huevos
13-02-16, 10:51
It is possible to have first bouquet with numbers below 100 and large bouquet with numbers above 100 without alternative numbering.

mayo
15-02-16, 22:03
ill jump in here

I like to use SKY UK northern Ireland SD as my bouquet, its got pretty much every channel bar one.

How would i add TV3 into a free channel number on the entertainment bouquet without having all the other channels jump down one?

abu baniaz
15-02-16, 22:33
ill jump in here

I like to use SKY UK northern Ireland SD as my bouquet, its got pretty much every channel bar one.

How would i add TV3 into a free channel number on the entertainment bouquet without having all the other channels jump down one?

You have to use the custom mix file. There rae three variables. I will answer two of them. You need to answer the other one.

Q. Which number do you want it to have?
A.

Q. What is the official number of the channel?
A. 103

Q. What is the name of the provider xml file?
A. sat_282_sky_irl

satirl
27-04-16, 16:13
Hi this is my first post so go easy. I am in Ireland and want to have 101 - RTE1 102 - RTE2 etc etc. I am new to this so please help :D

Huevos
27-04-16, 16:30
Hi this is my first post so go easy. I am in Ireland and want to have 101 - RTE1 102 - RTE2 etc etc. I am new to this so please help :DSelect Provider: Sky RoI,
Area: RoI Custom.