PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-C] xtrend ET8000 Dual DVB-C

showstopper
11-02-16, 16:30
Hi guys,

I just bought this box from WoS, tried setting it up last night and it will ONLY scan 14 channels, no more, no less.
It will only scan these in the 'Signal Finder' scan as well.
If i try ABM i get "Timeout for tuner lock" after about4 seconds.

I have tried a direct connection to the cable feed, Tuner A on its own, Tuner B on its on, Tuner A with the loopback to Tuner B, different skins and disabling Tuner B.
I can then plug the tivo in and that works perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas that i may not have tried?
Does anyone have this box working with twin dvb-c?

Thanks.

abu baniaz
11-02-16, 16:45
ABM normally uses the last free tuner.
The biggest mistake people make is configuring tuners that have nothing connected. That has been topped by somone plugging in a DVB-C wire into the satellite input.

Please provide/answer the following:
1. Have you verified you are uisng the correct NetID? You can check teh Tivo Box engineers menu.
2. Post a picture showing the connections at the rear of the receiver (as they are now)
3. Post a screenshot of each tuner configuration.

showstopper
11-02-16, 16:59
ABM normally uses the last free tuner.
The biggest mistake people make is configuring tuners that have nothing connected. That has been topped by somone plugging in a DVB-C wire into the satellite input.

Please provide/answer the following:
1. Have you verified you are uisng the correct NetID? You can check teh Tivo Box engineers menu.
2. Post a picture showing the connections at the rear of the receiver (as they are now)
3. Post a screenshot of each tuner configuration.

Thanks for reply abu.
1 - NETID is correct (there is only 2 in my area and they both fail - i couldnt find the tivo engineer menu to check anyway)
2 - Box is at home but have tried every config. The tuners top is the Input and the bottom is the loop back. I had the vm to Tuner A, then Tuner B, then Tuner A with loopback from output of A to input of B. Same result.
3 - I will need to do this later, but if i remember correctly it was:

Both Tuner A and B the same:

Select each tuner in turn and set them to:
Tuner type DVB-C
Confuration mode enabled
Network ID 00000
Used service scan type Provider
Provider to scan Virgin Media UK (6952)

Also tried changing the network id here to my one, and no change. Always fails ABM with tuner lock message.