PDA

View Full Version : Commercials skip

mik9
30-12-10, 00:11
Although I am new to Vu+ Duo, I got almost everything sorted out and tweaked so that box+remote does things the way I need and my family can use it as user friendly. Anyway, I am surprised there is no SKIP plugin that would simplify skip of commercials as everyone must cope with them. I am not talking about automatic skip as the technology is still not up to this but about manual quick skipping. I have DVB-T Topfield 5100 and there are several plugins (so called TAPs) for this. Most of them work as binary skip (i.e halving interval when you skip too far and want to skip reverse direction) that is very convenient. They work both in playback and timeshift mode.

I was thinking about workarounds. This is what I found so far:

1. I can use numeric keys, e.g. 6 for skipping (1 minute) forward and 1 for skipping (15 seconds) back when I get too far with key 6. Sadly, this is not convenient in Timeshift mode as you have to first get to "seeking" mode otherwise you will zap channels with numeric keys and lose your all your timeshift recording. This mistake can happen very easily so it is of no use.

2. I know that for Dreamboxes it works similar as described above as there is plugin assigning skipping to keys < and >. I would like to do this too but even Multiquickbutton plugin does not allow assigning skipping to any key.

My question is: Is there any skip plugin I am not aware of or is there any possibility of assigning skipping to non-numeric keys?

Stanman
30-12-10, 20:11
You can set the skip times in menu>settings>customise.
240 will jump over all adverts on terrestrial channels

mik9
30-12-10, 22:54
You can set the skip times in menu>settings>customise.
240 will jump over all adverts on terrestrial channels

Yes, I know I can change skip times but they are still assigned to numeric keys. I would like to assign those skip times to other keys (e.g. <> or main cursor left/right) because if you press number key in timeshifting mode and you are at the end (meaning zero time shift is reached) you just zap channel to that number and lose all timeshift content. Alternatively, I would like to switch quickzapping (i.e. zapping with numeric keys) off. Is it easily possible?

I do not understand your remark about skip time 240. Commercials time vary from about 1 to 10 minutes, so what would you achieve with setting to 4 minutes?

Stanman
30-12-10, 23:11
There is a thread on here about remapping keys on the remote, if do a search should come up.
240 - said terrestrial channels for the UK 240 is enough to take you to the next part of the programme.