PDA

View Full Version : Auto Timers Location

iamSteve
10-02-16, 18:10
I still prefer sky series link for ease, and the sky folder system. Anyway my issue.....

I have set auto timers for may programs, some of the timers for the likes of daily soaps I have set a folder on the HDD to keep them together. For example /media/hdd/movie/Emmerdale/ the problem is that all the programs are going into /media/hdd/movie/. When I check the TIMER it shows as location Default, I can select /media/hdd/movie/Emmerdale/ on the timer and also move the recording from /media/hdd/movie/ to /media/hdd/movie/Emmerdale/ manually after its recorded, but why is the auto timer not setting the timer correctly?

ccs
10-02-16, 18:18
I'm pretty sure that changing the autotimer to store in a different location won't apply to any existing timers that it has created.

I'm doing exactly what you describe and it does work for me.

abu baniaz
10-02-16, 18:22
Timers and auto timers are two different things. Although one populates the other. Please confrm which one you set with?

They are both located in /etc/enigma2/ Enigma2 must be stopped when replacing the file.

Please note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

abu baniaz
10-02-16, 18:40
I'm pretty sure that changing the autotimer to store in a different location won't apply to any existing timers that it has created.

I'm doing exactly what you describe and it does work for me.

If the timers have been set with auto timer, you can stop enigma2, delete the timers, edit autotimer, transfer back, restart, when auto timer next polls, the timers will be created again with newer entries.
You can do the same when the service refernces of a channel changes too.

ccs
10-02-16, 18:54
If the timers have been set with auto timer, you can stop enigma2, delete the timers, edit autotimer, transfer back, restart, when auto timer next polls, the timers will be created again with newer entries.
You can do the same when the service refernces of a channel changes too.... or delete the autotimer (selecting delete its timers as well), and then recreate it. :)

abu baniaz
10-02-16, 19:16
I'd rather use keyboard than remote. I'd rather edit than re/create.

Each to their own.

ccs
10-02-16, 20:10
I'd rather use keyboard than remote. I'd rather edit than re/create.

Each to their own.Really? So you prefer to offer the most complicated solution for others to follow?

Each to their own, I suppose.

birdman
10-02-16, 20:11
If the timers have been set with auto timer, you can stop enigma2, delete the timers, edit autotimer, transfer back, restart,.....You don't need to stop enigmna2. Deleting the ""wrong location" timers will let the AutoTimer set them up again with the "correct" destination - assuming that the AutoTimer is first changed to set the "correct" location.

abu baniaz
10-02-16, 20:32
If you call adding "/emerdale/" to the location path or edit the service refernce complicated, then I stand corrected.

Obviously easier to set up the whole timers again, selecting services, times, what to search, and so forth.

iamSteve
11-02-16, 16:30
Thank you for the replies.

I started to suspect it could be because I had used a capital and spaces in the folder names HOWEVER it appears that it was with so many timers listed over 7 days many that I checked were wrong, and it has corrected itself from what was day 8 onwards as the new EPG data is updated and the new timers are created.

s-adam
17-02-16, 16:20
Hi there, I'm having problems with both timers and autotimers. An error message comes up saying that the hdd is full. We had a problem with the hdd before so someone who knows about the box helped us create a new location, up until now it's been fine but now it doesn't seem to work.

I noticed the default location for the recording is media/hdd/movie, how do I change it so that it goes to the location we created?

s-adam
22-02-16, 10:38
It's cool I figured it out