PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] DVB-C, Tune failed!

amadeus99
09-02-16, 22:22
I'm getting tune failed message and blank screen on some cable channels. Sometimes after 15-30 seconds I get a good picture without any pixelization.

I have this issue using VU Solo SE or VU Duo 2.

No issue using a cheap box like Wetek Play.

Any help for debugging this problem is welcome.

IAmATeaf
09-02-16, 22:48
What's your signal strength like, first thing I would check is all the cabling and connectors.

amadeus99
09-02-16, 23:11
Signal strength and cabling is OK. I get this issue on SD and HD channels.

DaMacFunkin
10-02-16, 08:46
Do you get this issue if you connect directly to your receiver using a moulded or professionally assembled cable directly from your tap point, ie no other splitters or loop thru's?

amadeus99
10-02-16, 09:44
Yes, I get the issue using a professional assembled cable made by the cable operator, directly connected to the tap point.

Please note that if I use a Wetek Play or cable operator box I don't get any issues. I only get the tune failed message using VU boxes on channels that use frequencies 219.5 and 233.5 MHZ.

tvtv
21-02-16, 01:47
happening to me too, this problem some time ago went away when openvix got upgraded but then came back after another upgrade
(i dont know since which openvix version).
when i look at the signal meter i see the quality and agc jump up and down from 99% down to 0% and unlock, then its back to full strength again, im not getting the issue when i put the same cable into a standard freeview box or my tv

VU+ DUO2 / BCM7424 / BCM7425B2 / 1.3GHz / 2 core
Openvix Version 32 build 036 / skin Blue-HD / Brivers 2015/12/01 Kernel 3.13.5
GStreamer 1.7.1 (GIT) / Python 2.7.9 / Installed 2015-12-13

TUNERS
Tuner A VUPLUS DVB-S NIM (AVL6222)(DVB-S2)
Tuner B VUPLUS DVB-S NIM (AVL6222)(DVB-S2)
Tuner C VUPLUS DVB-T NIM (TT3L10) (DVB-T2)
Tuner D VUPLUS DVB-T NIM (TT3L10) (DVB-T2)

amadeus99
21-02-16, 19:12
I'm sure this is a driver problem or low quality tuner used by VU. All the boxes I tested worked except VU Solo SE and VU Duo2.

Can anyone point the minimum requirements (Signal power, ber...) need to have a frequency lock?

amadeus99
08-04-16, 14:19
Can anyone help me debugging this issue?

DaMacFunkin
08-04-16, 16:58
No mate, I use 2 double VU+ cable tuners on 2 VU+ boxes and a sundtek cable tuner on another box all running at the same time i have no problems with them at all... the only time i have had problems is with crappy self applied ariel connectors (introducing noise into the system), only time any of my friends and family have had problems, is one had split their own signal and it wasn't locking, even though they was still getting internet on the modem on the other split, and another's cable had been pierced by a gripper rod and was leaking noise into the system... Noise is the big thing if you are not getting certain frequencies, it's the reason VM send you a silver cap when you have your services disconnected.
p.s. All my connections are VM installed tap points, no splitting and all cables are pro made with adaptor 's to convert from F - RF where needed and my snr is 99% on every frequency... if i insert one splitter i start to loose certain channels, and some start to go blocky.

amadeus99
08-04-16, 20:56
What drives me crazy is that with other boxes (wetek, Edison and cable operator) everything plays smooth. Sometimes VU locks in the frequency and I get a clear 5 star HD video.

I don't thing noise is the problem because when you have noise the BER is very high, which is not the case.

Do you know what are the values of SNR and BER need for the VU tuners work smooth?

IAmATeaf
08-04-16, 22:38
Do you have PTS enabled, of you do then try altering the setting so that you have a 10 second delay before the recording starts.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

amadeus99
10-04-16, 16:05
What do you mean by PTS enabled? Can you explain what tune in a channel have to do with recordings?

DaMacFunkin
10-04-16, 17:37
I can't give you any more help than I have, I have been 'messing' with cable for many years and I can trouble shoot most of my friends problems, my VU+ tuners show snr 99 agc 99 ber -424 which is as good as it gets, if the VU+ tuners are a bit more sensitive to noise or low signals and your signal is low or has noise other than in your house then you will need to connect your original box and book a VM tech to test the quality of your signal.

IAmATeaf
11-04-16, 22:16
PTS = permanent time shift

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

amadeus99
23-04-16, 11:33
Problem solved!

VU+ Solo SE sold :) and replaced by Wetek Play working just fine and with proper Kodi support, only thing missing is Openvix image.