PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Common Interface assignment not working

Fabian
09-02-16, 12:49
I have two identical conax cards in use, one in CI+ HW CAM for linked HD channels and one used with latest OSCAM Softcam for all others.

When recording of encrypted SD channel (which can be handled by OSCAM) starts, regardless of what services are chosen in common interface assignment, the CI+ CAM is always used for the first recording. It can only handle one channel at a time and therefore no linked channels can be viewed before recording stops. if further SD recordings start, they use OSCAM normally.

I tried the latest openATV and assignment works as expected i.e. CI+ is used only for assigned services. I would prefer to use Openvix :)

2stein
09-02-16, 15:47
i thought ci+ was not supported in openvix at all... :confused:

twol
09-02-16, 17:23
.... i don,t think it is, as in Openatv you have to add some code for the specific receiver.

Fabian
09-02-16, 17:23
CI+ seems to be working very nicely, I just can't choose which services it is used for :)

2stein
10-02-16, 09:30
for other images you have to install a special plugin for this, i think.

Fabian
10-02-16, 11:37
just as clarification, watching channels requiring the HW CAM works both in Openatv and Openvix. For both images I have just installed the "standard" latest image and no additional plugins for this purpose, oscam installed for SD purposes.

The difference between images is in the "setup" menu item "Common interface assignment", which is available in both images as "standard". If I add services to this list:
in Openatv the receiver uses the CAM for only the listed services, additionally I am able to delete services from the list.
in Openvix the receiver uses always the CAM for the first recording (SD&HD) regardless of what is listed in assignment, additionally services cannot be deleted from the list. Only way to get rid of them is to edit the actual c1.xml/c0.xml files.

2stein
10-02-16, 12:47
ok, sounds like a menu bug/deficiency then.

Fabian
12-02-16, 18:17
Some additional comments after I have been testing back and forth between Openatv and Openvix:

Choosing services in CI assignment creates in both images an identical c1.xml (and c0.xml), so that part seems to work also in Openvix correctly. One cannot delete services from the xml, so there is a bug in editing the c1.xml after creation (adding services works fine).

It is of course easy enough to edit the c1.xml manually (just deleting lines in an appropriate text editor to remove unnecessary services), the "larger" issue is that the correctly created c1.xml file is not used for CI vs Softcam selection, so either this "process" is missing in Openvix or it is not reading the file correctly

Zamster
11-03-17, 13:32
I can confirm that I have exactly the same problem with the CI assignment as Fabian is reporting, and it is very annoying indeed. I am using OpenVIX 5.0.002.

In our cable network most of the HD channels require a cable card but not CI+, so I can use the internal OSCAM reader of my set top box (VU+ 4k Ultimo) with them just fine. Additionally I have a few pay channels that require a CI+ paired reader, and for that I have a secondary card and HW CAM reader (LA Digital). The problem with CI+ CAM is that it can only decrypt one channel at a time. And now if I happen to just watch (or record) any non-CI+ HD channel, the CI+ CAM is reserved, making it impossible to e.g. record anything from the real CI+ channel. All I get is a blank record.

Everything would work just fine if I could map only the CI+ -channels to the CI+ CAM, and have the OSCAM reader handle all the rest. And this is how the CI assignment also in VIX should work. For some reason this functionality just does not seem to be implemented at all. Could someone take a look at this by any chance?

hejhopp
06-04-17, 12:35
What u need to do is to uninstall commoninterface assignment and replace it with the one from OpenPLi's feed. commoninterface assignment 2.7
that one works. after installation reboot the box.
If u update u box the commoninterface assignment will be replace with the one OpenVIX is using and u need to do it ones again.

//hejhopp