PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Remove "please insert card"

Magmaeye
08-02-16, 09:49
Hi. To be able to see paired channels I need A standard CI+ CAM but it can only can decode 1 channel a time. This means I cant use both channels at the same time. To solve this I will use cccam for normal use and CI+ CAM when needed for some paired channels.

If I want to let the CAM always be inserted in the box and just switching the card in between, is there a solution to get rid of the annoying "please insert the card" message?
Just to avoid power down the box each time I need to insert/remove the CAM which takes time.

Best regards

MagmaEye

satmanbasil
08-02-16, 15:46
Hi mate

if you have your CCcam cfg file installed and a dual tuner in the STB with second tuner routed to main one you should be able to watch any channel and record another without any message about inserting card
what is your receiver?

Magmaeye
08-02-16, 16:28
Hi mate

if you have your CCcam cfg file installed and a dual tuner in the STB with second tuner routed to main one you should be able to watch any channel and record another without any message about inserting card
what is your receiver?

Hi.

My Box is a VU+ Solo2.
When I want to use both tuners at the same time I need to remove my card from the HW CONAX CI+ module and insert it in the bottom card slot. At this time the CONAX module will ask "Please insert card" (Actually it says something in german like Bitte Karte Einsetzen)

I was previous told that this kind of HW CONAX modiule only can decrypt one channel at the same time.

/MagmaEye

twol
08-02-16, 16:52
Which image are you using, I was under the impression (but could be wrong:) ) that the openatv image directly supported CI+ on many receivers with a small mod... just not sure if VU is one.

Magmaeye
09-02-16, 13:01
Which image are you using, I was under the impression (but could be wrong:) ) that the openatv image directly supported CI+ on many receivers with a small mod... just not sure if VU is one.

I'm using Apollo.166.

The CI+ works fine but since the HW only can decrypt 1 channel I will not be able to use both tuners at the same time. Like watching one channel and recording another channel at the same time.
So if anyone either know how to get rid of the "please insert card" message or how to get cccam work together with the HW CONAX CI+ Module so I donīt need to move my program card depending what I want to do.

This is the cases I have today:
Case 1) Use both tuners at the same time but not able to see paired channels like Cmore Live1,2,3,4
Case 2) Watch channels that are paired but not beeing able to record something using the other tuner.

Today I put my card into the CONAX module when using case 1 and the card into the other slot at the bottom for case 2.
/MagmaEye

twol
09-02-16, 13:25
I'm using Apollo.166.

The CI+ works fine but since the HW only can decrypt 1 channel I will not be able to use both tuners at the same time. Like watching one channel and recording another channel at the same time.
So if anyone either know how to get rid of the "please insert card" message or how to get cccam work together with the HW CONAX CI+ Module so I donīt need to move my program card depending what I want to do.

This is the cases I have today:
Case 1) Use both tuners at the same time but not able to see paired channels like Cmore Live1,2,3,4
Case 2) Watch channels that are paired but not beeing able to record something using the other tuner.

Today I put my card into the CONAX module when using case 1 and the card into the other slot at the bottom for case 2.
/MagmaEye
Well 1st Apollo is a really old image you need to update:)
2nd .. again haven't checked but I think the mods in OpenATV with CI+ are to run with the card only (NO CI+ module) and supports multiple tuners (they are always endlessly complaining when its not there :) . ...so you need to do some checking at OpenATV but Solo2 is listed for CI+ in the image support. Google OpenATV CI+

..... but having just read this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50286-Common-Interface-assignment-not-working
maybe I am wrong completely!

Magmaeye
09-02-16, 13:36
Well 1st Apollo is a really old image you need to update:)
2nd .. again haven't checked but I think the mods in OpenATV with CI+ are to run with the card only (NO CI+ module) and supports multiple tuners (they are always endlessly complaining when its not there :) . ...so you need to do some checking at OpenATV but Solo2 is listed for CI+ in the image support. Google OpenATV CI+

I have actually tried the latest openvix 3.2 and openatv with no success. It has resulted in a fallback to apollo since everything is in place and WAF verified. :-)

(wife acceptance factor)

I will try again. It's time consuming..... :-(

The middle way should be get rid of "please insert card" message. Any ideas?

/MagmaEye