PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on Vu + Solo2

matt333
07-02-16, 16:24
I have had several boxes in the past from D2Mac, Technomate, Spiderbox and Protek but I am thinking of purchasing the new Vu + Solo 2 with Vix software and I was wondering if there is an eassy guide where to start.

I have never used Linux software before.

Thank you for your help with this matter

Kind regards,

matt333

roy0110
07-02-16, 16:40
look in the vu+ solo2 section of the forum mate.
lots of guides/tips in there.

Willmoore
07-02-16, 16:55
I bought a Solo 12 months ago and had absolutely no knowledge of sat boxes (except sky!) and knew nothing about Linux. I just bought one, plugged it in, followed the wizard, read a bit, came on here and asked stupid questions and was up and running in no time. I'm still tweeking 12 months later though :D

The people on here are very helpful (and very tolerant) and with your past experience of sat boxes you should find it a breeze:thumbsup:

djkross
07-02-16, 18:49
The vu solo 2 ain't a new box , but with that said I have one and never looked back! With the experience on other boxes I'm sure I'll pick it up in no time. I came from a openbox. You won't be disappointed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt333
08-02-16, 11:09
Thank you for your replies.

As a 63 years old I am thinking that perhaps this LINUX software is beyond me. My Protek 9770 HD is coming to the end of the 3 year "gift" in May and I am looking at possible alternatives with the minimum of effort!:confused::confused:

Matt33

Willmoore
08-02-16, 11:31
Be careful talking about 'gifts' as illegal card sharing talk is not allowed.

Willmoore
08-02-16, 11:36
You don't have to know anything about Linux so I wouldn't worry about that. A decent box with the Vix image pre loaded from the sponsors (WOS) is all you need. It really is quite simple (I'm only a couple yeas behind you age wise).

matt333
09-02-16, 12:58
Thanks for all your comments.

I think that the future is with one of this boxes, I am just debating to buy another Protek or do the jump now!

DaMacFunkin
09-02-16, 14:02
My mate has a protek, after seeing my set up he decided it was easier to get another protek for obvious reasons.

Willmoore
09-02-16, 14:25
I have a feeling if I saw your set up I'd get a Protek :D

twol
09-02-16, 14:39
Thank you for your replies.

As a 63 years old I am thinking that perhaps this LINUX software is beyond me. My Protek 9770 HD is coming to the end of the 3 year "gift" in May and I am looking at possible alternatives with the minimum of effort!:confused::confused:

Matt33
Not knowing this box, I see that it runs a linux system and is also a really expensive closed box.
As someone who is a lot older than you and has only learnt linux over the last 2 years, I think you would find it worth the effort to try an Enigma receiver .... And potentially cheaper.:)

matt333
10-02-16, 16:25
Thank you for all your advice.

You may not be aware but in order to get the 3 years service with the Protek you now have to buy the new Linux boxes Protek 9900 LX E2 as they don't make anymore the Protek 9770HD although they still have some in the satellite shops.

Regards,
Matt33
1.2 meter motorised satellite dish with Protek 9770HD, Spiderbox 9000HD receiver.