PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt HD2400] Transcoding query?

banie01
05-02-16, 21:09
Hi Folks,

Its been quite a while since I've been active on this forum, so hello again!
Quick question regarding transcoding on VIX.
I notice that the option for transcoding no longer specifies which port transcodes, if i remember correctly there was previously an option to set the specific streaming port?

Basically I want to set my box to "Permanent" transcoding, so that any and all LAN streams are transcoded.
Or is the way to ensure that a KODI client always defaults to the transcoded stream?
Is this possible?

As always thanks for any input

Tkr001
06-02-16, 05:09
It's there in my setup using build 36. Setup, plugins, transcoding setup the first line allows you to set the port.

banie01
06-02-16, 11:42
On the multi transcoding plugin?
I ask as, I see no option to set port at all.
My options are
Bitrate
Framerate
Resolution
Aspect Ratio
Interlaced.

I have no other options visible and I'm wondering if others are using a different plugin or am I missing something obvious?:confused:

Ashley69
06-02-16, 13:03
Menu/plugins/transcoding setup. Port is there

ccs
06-02-16, 13:47
Menu/plugins/transcoding setup. Port is there
I only see the multi transcoding plugin like banie01. (et10k)

Ashley69
06-02-16, 13:54
Mine is Transcoding setup plugin. Can't see multi-transcoding plugin

banie01
06-02-16, 16:50
I only see the multi transcoding plugin like banie01. (et10k)

Mine is Transcoding setup plugin. Can't see multi-transcoding plugin

I only have the Multi - Transcoding Setup. I've had a look through the feeds and can't find "transcoding setup" I know previous version allowed you to set a specific port for the transcoded stream but on the multi I cant find anything.
I can access the transcoded stream via the WebIF but i'd rather point my Kodi client to a specific port and have all Transcoding handled that way

Tkr001
06-02-16, 23:53
Mine is also transcoding plugin on vu+ duo2. Maybe different boxes have different plugins for transcoding included in the image...

imish
19-08-16, 11:44
Bringing this thread back up.

Wanting to do the same as the OP.

8001 is the streaming port.
would like a separate port for the transcoded stream (Was able to set this up with my VU box - how do we do it with a Miracle box)?