PDA

View Full Version : Dual tuner cabling?

showstopper
05-02-16, 16:53
Hi all,

I have just bought the Xtrend ET8000 dual DVB-C receiver. I am getting a bit confused on the dual tuner setup side of things. Some people seem to say that you need two cable feeds, and others say you only need 1 feed? Which is it please?!

giub1981
05-02-16, 17:14
Hi

You will just need one feed into the house and use a loop through cable from tuner a to tuner b. This will enable you to record one channel and watch another.

showstopper
05-02-16, 17:18
Hi

You will just need one feed into the house and use a loop through cable from tuner a to tuner b. This will enable you to record one channel and watch another.

Many thanks for this? Do you know what connectors the loop through cable uses on this box?

Jama
05-02-16, 17:33
For cable this box uses the push type coax plus like you would see on the back of a TV.
You need male to female.
I am just making mine up for my triple tuner.

showstopper
05-02-16, 17:36
For cable this box uses the push type coax plus like you would see on the back of a TV.
You need male to female.
I am just making mine up for my triple tuner.

Nice.
So I presume i cable the vm to tuner A input. Then output of A to input of B.
Does that sound right?

EDIT - i dont need any other splitters as vm are setting up the BB and the TV - correct?

Jama
05-02-16, 17:39
Yep, spot on.

You may need an F-Type to Push-on adaptor if using the original VM cable.
Or just chop that of and use a new plug.

As long as you have one feed spare you will not need any additional splitters

DaMacFunkin
05-02-16, 17:43
Try not to chop the plug off, always use an adaptor, cable is more susceptible to noise than ariels.