PDA

View Full Version : Which box for a 2nd room

joysleep1
05-02-16, 11:01
Hey
I am looking for a nice simple box just for my extension room. It will only be using remotestreaming and watching stuff from the hardrive off the main receiver. There are so many brands and manufacturers that are roughly the same price.
What would be the best.
Any recommendations.??
Thanks

tappari
05-02-16, 11:49
You don`t mention what is your main box. My main box is VU+ Duo2 and extension room box is VU+ Solo SE V2. Could not work better in any way.
If necessary for the price, you can have Solo SEv2 without a tuner.

joysleep1
05-02-16, 13:44
You don`t mention what is your main box. My main box is VU+ Duo2 and extension room box is VU+ Solo SE V2. Could not work better in any way.
If necessary for the price, you can have Solo SEv2 without a tuner.

Sorry my main box is the xtrend et10000.. Yh I'm veering towards vu. But there are so many potential other ones. Not sure which to go with

twol
05-02-16, 14:17
Having seen/heard of several issues regarding streaming either by RCSC plugin or fallback tuner (reported but never fixed), I would stick with the Xtrend combination and go for the ET7500 ( solid as a rock) and apart from updating the image every so often is something I can totally rely on to work even with my totally non technical relatives :)

joysleep1
06-02-16, 15:27
Having seen/heard of several issues regarding streaming either by RCSC plugin or fallback tuner (reported but never fixed), I would stick with the Xtrend combination and go for the ET7500 ( solid as a rock) and apart from updating the image every so often is something I can totally rely on to work even with my totally non technical relatives :)

I have a vu solo2 in the living room using the rcsc plug in without any issues.

twol
06-02-16, 15:43
OK - out of interest what image versions are you using on both boxes?

joysleep1
08-02-16, 15:24
OK - out of interest what image versions are you using on both boxes?

sorry for the late reply. I always use openvix. I think its like a few versions behind the latest one.
I think the vu zero box does look quite nice.

twol
08-02-16, 15:38
Thanks for the info ... and Yes the Zero seems solid from comments on this forum.

Willmoore
08-02-16, 16:00
I have a Zero and it's a great little box and I mean little. Mine sits behind a wall mounted TV with just the small IR sensor on show.

Sicilian
08-02-16, 16:45
Others to consider:

Miraclebox Premium Micro, same spec as VU+ Zero http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Miraclebox-Linux-HD-Receivers/Miraclebox-Premium-Micro

Edision OS-Mini http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision

Willmoore
08-02-16, 17:01
Advantage of the Edison is that it has in built Wifi (and cheaper)

joysleep1
10-02-16, 16:22
see that is the thing, not sure i should trust that Edison one or gigablue or mut@nt or miracblebox. They are all roughly the same price aswell.
Need to get some more reviews

Willmoore
10-02-16, 16:39
Not sure what there is not to trust. The Edison is a solid box that works very well - can't comment on long term reliability yet. Having said that, I have no fears - it's from a reputable supplier with a 2 year warranty.