PDA

View Full Version : EPG Search via yellow button

baz2011uk
05-02-16, 02:01
i am not 100% sure if this is the best or correct place to put this on the forum so MODS if i am wrong sorry and please move

having a small issue with EPG search via yellow button
i am using openvix on a duo2 wth VM

so will give an example of the issue i am having i turn over to ITV (103) and a programme i would like to watch is half way tho
so i know i will record the ITV +1 (114)
so while i am one ITV (103) i press the yellow button (epg search) this brings up a list of when that tv show is on next
this gives me a fair amount of ITV channels (different regions) i find the ITV +1 (114) with the programme and set to record it records blank
but going to the ITV +1 channel 114 it works but a different programme
so i work out this is due to region

should i be able to watch any region i want or is it locked to where i am (this makes seance to be locked)
so why are theses showing when i do it via EPG search yellow button as going via ABM (tv button) or via the EPG button or pressing down theses channels dont show
is there a way to stop theses extra channels showing on a EPG search via yellow button

i am hoping this makes seance

abu baniaz
05-02-16, 02:10
Not a direct answer to your question, but issue contributes to it.

When you run ABM, you only get the chanenls that are for your region. However, the default setting in image is to enable background scan. Although not in your bouquets those unviewable channels will be added to your lamedb file. Thay are then included in the epg search.

If you decide to disable background scan, you must remove all channel data first.

baz2011uk
05-02-16, 02:43
Thanks Abu
i am pretty new to all this but understand what your saying (i am glad you understood what i meant as well)
is it easy to disable the background scan (if its within the menus can you advise where this is please)
how or what would be the best way to remove the channel data?
and the next question thinking outside the box if the data was removed and ABM re scanned would the EPG search via yellow button work still but on what ABM scanned or would removing the channel data and disabling background scan stop the EPG search working
its a very small issue i know

or maybe i am not sure if its possible could the programme be coded to Gray out theses channels on EPG search that dont match with the ABM channels this way they would stand out as not usable i will be honest i dont understand coding ect and dont know time scales it takes along with other issues that may pop up doing it its just a suggestion and a shot in the dark so to say

cheers baz

abu baniaz
05-02-16, 03:56
Disable background scan:

Menu > Setup > System > Customise > Disable background scanning
Default is no. Change it to yes.
To remove all channel data:
Issue the following command. Please paste it to avoid issues (link to guide in signature)

init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

You will lose all your bouquets and channels. Run ABM again, and you will only have the chanenls that ABM makes.

EPG search will still work when you have chanenls. When you search the EPG, the chanenls on your system are checked. As you will only have the viewable channels, that should be your problem solved. Hopefully.

Sorry, can't answer the other questions. Don't think it is possible though.

Huevos
05-02-16, 08:09
Why dont you just select the correct channel after your search?

abu baniaz
05-02-16, 08:11
Why dont you just select the correct channel after your search?

How do you know which is the correct chanenl?

abu baniaz
05-02-16, 08:27
Out of 16 versions of ITV, only one of them will work. All the others return "Service not found (SID not found in PAT)"

Huevos
05-02-16, 11:28
So this is a cable problem?

abu baniaz
05-02-16, 15:05
Yes

i am using openvix on a duo2 wth VM

If we could separte background scan for cable, and default that to off, it would be brilliant.

baz2011uk
05-02-16, 19:42
1 other question before i try this if i turn off the background scan will this cause any other issues
or is there any pitfalls in turning this off

baz2011uk
06-02-16, 01:35
Disable background scan:

Menu > Setup > System > Customise > Disable background scanning
Default is no. Change it to yes.
To remove all channel data:
Issue the following command. Please paste it to avoid issues (link to guide in signature)

init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

You will lose all your bouquets and channels. Run ABM again, and you will only have the chanenls that ABM makes.

EPG search will still work when you have chanenls. When you search the EPG, the chanenls on your system are checked. As you will only have the viewable channels, that should be your problem solved. Hopefully.

Sorry, can't answer the other questions. Don't think it is possible though.

Hi Abu

This has worked a treat so thank you
and as a newbie at this was very easy i was worried i was going to screw all sorts up
could this not be put into the image? to make it better for cable users or a sticky as i guess a lot of cables users dont know about this

i have gone in and out of screens and channels ect and it seems to have worked perfect is there anything i should keep an eye out for that may conflict by doing this

again a very big thank you

Huevos
06-02-16, 09:12
I don't get it. Why would you want to turn off background scanning. That would mean no new channels will ever be found automatically.

If you already know which channel the show is on why are you using epgsearch? Why don't you just select it from G-EPG?

ccs
06-02-16, 11:45
I don't get it. Why would you want to turn off background scanning. That would mean no new channels will ever be found automatically.

If you already know which channel the show is on why are you using epgsearch? Why don't you just select it from G-EPG?
I sometimes use epgsearch before creating an autotimer, to double check the next broadcast.

Very handy when a new series is being broadcast more than once a week.

baz2011uk
06-02-16, 13:39

If you already know which channel the show is on why are you using epg search? Why don't you just select it from G-EPG?

EPG search is very handy as per my example on my original post if you missed half a show and want to know when and if its on again i have ABM on a weekly scan would this not pick up any new channels if any become available?

abu baniaz
06-02-16, 14:23

As an example, 93% of the channels you get are useless as you cant receive them because they are intended for a different area. Pure areas do not have this issue. In any case, the channels found in a background scan do not get added to bouquets anyway.

As mentioned above, thanks to yourself, Peter and Andy we have ABM for new channels.

Huevos
06-02-16, 14:45
Abu, I'm talking about new channels that are not part of an ABM search.

One possible option is only include channels that exist in bouquets in the EPGsearch. Would need to be configurable.

abu baniaz
07-02-16, 14:10
Here are two lamedb files to compare.

Not worth looking at EPG search plugin in this regard. End result is achieved by disabling the background scan. I think there is an issue with the way scans work for UK DVB-C. The Net ID is completely ignored during a scan, you can use any Net ID. If I understand it correctly, you should only find the channels with matching net ID.

Perhaps someone with a sundtek tuner (not in a pure area) can get a transport stream recording.

abu baniaz
18-02-16, 17:10
@baz2011uk what tuner configuartion have you got for your cable tuners?

baz2011uk
18-02-16, 17:20
I have the vu hybrid Turner that wos fit on the £289 model vu duo2 for cable if your find it i can link it later

abu baniaz
18-02-16, 18:58
meant how have you set them in tuner configuration.

baz2011uk
18-02-16, 22:06
meant how have you set them in tuner configuration.

I have never gone in and changed it but just had a look and the network id is set to 0000 could this be the problem with it pulling up all the ITV's and BBC ect i can not view on the yellow button search

did you want a screen shot of all the info off that screen?

abu baniaz
18-02-16, 22:27
Entering your NetID should resolve the issue. please try.

baz2011uk
19-02-16, 00:38
Entering your NetID should resolve the issue. please try.

cheers Abu i take it need to do this on both tuners
i did the fix you said back at the beginning and this worked, how do i reverse this? i guess i need to turn disable background scans to no if so when do the background scans happen so i can see its re added the 1's i cant use again and then do the turner adjustment with net ID this time and see if its worked

cheers Baz

abu baniaz
19-02-16, 01:05
Scrap that, does not work. Sorry

People experiencing this issue will have to leave background scanning off.

baz2011uk
19-02-16, 01:09
Scrap that, does not work. Sorry

People experiencing this issue will have to leave background scanning off.

i tried it anyway and it didt work as you just said

what are the downsides to turning off background scanning? would it be the re naming of channels when they change name slightly or does ABM pick this up?

abu baniaz
19-02-16, 01:20
A background scan scans details in the background. If a channel started up, it will automatically get added to the lamedb file in the background. Nothing gets added to the bouquets automatically.

ABM is a separate processs. If you run ABM, it will pick up channels as per the settings/programming. It is not affected by your settings for background scanning.