PDA

View Full Version : USB stick

cervot
08-05-10, 16:45
hi all, just got my vu plus duo today, many thanks antony!! just a quick question, i have installed the lastest vti image in the flash and installed barry allen, i have installed 2 other images on multiboot but i am unable to install onto usb as it does not appear in the list. i have tried different usb sticks both formatted with FAT in both rear slots, is there any way or plugin/extension to list the attached devices ie HDD, USB to see if they are mounted, i want to use usb for barry allen and crossepg. Any advice would be great.

Sicilian
09-05-10, 09:08
Try Meoboot, far easier to multiboot with a USB stick, put together a quick guide this morning http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?504-Quick-guide-to-Multiboot-your-VU-with-Meoboot-and-USB-stick&p=2066#post2066

If your using VTI 1.0 its available in the plugin download menu. Install from there. Remove Barry Allen first though.

cervot
09-05-10, 15:00
hi, thanks for the info, but it doesnt explain why the usb stick is not listed on the available devices, if i wanted to store my epg cache on a usb stick it is not listed as an option. I dont want my hdd spinning up and down just access epg cache etc all the time.

Sicilian
09-05-10, 15:07
The only image's that allows you to mount a USB stick via the GUI is openpli or Dream Elite, well thats as far as I'm aware. You'll find that the Rytec EPG plugin uses the HDD. I think the only image that allows using a USB for storing the EPG data is Dream Elite. If you find otherwise please let us know.

Btw even though the USB sitck doesn't show as mounted in the GUI of VTI, it will be mounted but as fat32 and you will be able to store things like picons, movies etc..

cervot
16-05-10, 21:35
hi i am using openpli at the moment and first impressions is very good nice and stable in fact all the images so far that i have used vti and dream elite are all very stable. i used to have a db7020 for a few years and i cannot compare the stability between the 2 versions of enigma. anyhoo enough of me blabbering on, how can i set the default picon storage folder to usb stick instead of hdd with the openpli image?

Sicilian
16-05-10, 21:41
Just create a folder in the root of your usb sitck called picon, then transfer your picons into that folder. Once done delete the picon folder from your HDD.