PDA

View Full Version : Adjusted the SNR for poor channel picture

ALISAT
02-02-16, 23:27
I have one popular channel that the wife likes watched and the SNR is only about 32%. Picture is very poor and sometimes does not show. Most of the other changes on the same transponder are about 52% on the SNR and show OK. How can I find tune this channel or do I need to tweak the LNB to improve the signal. I have a 1M dish with 0.1 TM LNB.

cactikid
02-02-16, 23:45
might your dish have moved in the storms or are you at the edge of a sat beam?

twol
03-02-16, 09:24
If you are in UK and watching 28.2E then that reading is really really low - you need to adjust dish and then LNB skew.

ALISAT
03-02-16, 14:32
It's an motorised system. My installer informed me to fine tune the motor and move it from the box. Now I need to work out how to do that. Do you have any instructions on how to do this with xtrend

Tryharder
03-02-16, 16:27
First select the channel you wish to view and go to it... then.... Go into setup> service searching> positioner set up. press the red button ( Tune ) OK then go down to Fine Tune and press the coloured button for the direction you think you need to go to improve the signal...you can go backwards and forwards a step at a time until you have got the best possible signal...then go down to store position and press the green button....remember to give it a few seconds between each press as there is a short delay in response time..
Hope this helps....

Rgds.Trharder

ALISAT
03-02-16, 20:49
Many thanks I will try this