PDA

View Full Version : is the VU+ Solo SE V2 really a twin cable tuner? I'm not convinced.

ex_tractorfan
02-02-16, 18:54
Is anyone familiar with the Vu+ SOLO SE V2 with Twin Cable tuner?
It has 2 Tuners Apparently.
One is the cable in, the other is the loop.
Can I split the cable and plug them into both inputs?
It shows 2 tuners in the Set Up.
Advice greatly appreciated.
World of Satellite state it is a DVB_C Twin Tuner, But I'm not convinced that it is.
It has 2 ports but one says RF In and the other says RF Out.
How is that a twin tuner?

Thanks
In Advance.

abu baniaz
02-02-16, 19:01
The receiver and tuner module are two different items. Your question is in relation to the tuner module and not receiver.

There is a splitter inside the tuner module, you only need one signal input wire. Connecting an signal input wire into the loop out/rf out port will not achieve anything, it is designed for daisy chaining the signal wire to other devices.

Peterj
03-02-16, 08:13
I can confirm when you have a twin cable tuner in a solo se V2, you will have 2 cable tuners.
As Abu says you only need 1 feed to the input connector (top one. female type).
The output (male type) you can use for another receiver or an extra usb dvb-c tuner (then you will have 3 cable tuners).

YzMENTALzY
07-02-16, 11:58
Quick question guys sorry to hijack but i have a similar question is the Solo se V2 a entry level solo2? Meaning can i watch one programme and record another via a USB?

I mean if i have two sly cables can i put them both in the teo slots and watch one programme and record another or even do Pip?

abu baniaz
07-02-16, 12:26
it does not have space for an internal HDD, you will have to use an external one.

If you have a twin sat tuner module, you can do what you asked.

YzMENTALzY
07-02-16, 12:55
USB HDD is what i meant sorry for not being clear bro.. so its a beginner solo2 basically i can stream one channel while someone is watching another on TV? Sorry for asking too many questions im looking into buying another 2 Vu+ after i have had my solo2 Vu+ is the way forward for me... also what do you mean twin sat tuner module? I cant just connect both my dish LNBs and make it work?

abu baniaz
07-02-16, 13:01
the tuners are not soldered onto the motherboard. you pick what tuner you want module you want. you can have a single satellite, twin satellite, single hybrid ( dvbt or dvbc), twin hybrid.

YzMENTALzY
07-02-16, 13:05
So if i bought the twin satellite model i can stream one channel on Vu+ App while someone else watches on TV

Ashley69
07-02-16, 13:37
Yes you can.

YzMENTALzY
07-02-16, 13:39
Thanks mate... il be buying one in a few days from sponsor

YzMENTALzY
07-02-16, 13:41
Thanks mate... il be buying one in a few days from sponsor two two different channels can be watched simultaniously? Sorry just making sure

abu baniaz
07-02-16, 13:50
IMO, the et8000 is a better option.