PDA

View Full Version : Poor WiFi performance on ZERO/Vix

ibruce
02-02-16, 13:20
Hi Guys,

The WiFi on my Zero running the latest 36 it's pretty much useless. Cannot stream anything (it freezes VERY badly) unless I do it via LAN.
Tried to flash BH and it worked, however I like OpenVix the most and I wonder whether you guys may come up with a fix?

Has anybody else experienced something like that? How to improve performance?

FYI my router 9 about 15ft away from the Zero - is a ASUS RT-AC87U running the latest Merlin FW.

Bruce

DaMacFunkin
02-02-16, 13:35
Forget about wifi to stream Untranscoded transport streams, you are very lucky if you get it to work reliably...
Cat wiring your house is the way to go, or decent home plugs at the very least.

ibruce
02-02-16, 13:41
I'm sorry you're confusing me.

As I said, it was working when I tried BH, hence it has nothing to do with WiFi itself.
This is something between OpenVix and the WiFi dongle.

Has anybody any clue?

^^COMPASS^^
02-02-16, 14:46
I brought this up on 5th December but didnt get a reply
My Solose & Zero are both on Wifi connections & are on Build 30 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49354-Wifi-Problem&p=384761#post384761

Evening all,

Wifi Speed appears sluggish from Build 24 which was a fresh flash without settings restore,
Im using the Official Vu+ Wireless dongle 300 Mbps.

Its not possible to download a image through the Image Manager from build 24-27 box just locks up!

Wifi speed was fine on Build 18 & there wasn't a issue downloading a image through the Image Manager.

Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

ibruce
02-02-16, 15:08
It looks like is a known issue then?

Just for allowing the big brains to investigate further on this, what's the chipset on your dongle?

I have Ralink RT5370 and also tried Ferguson Wi-Fi W02 802.11 Dongle - whose chipset I ignore - from our shop.

ibruce
08-02-16, 20:29
I've performed a "clean" flash of the latest Vix and it looks like that worked - or at least it has been working for the last 4 days flawlessly -
For the record I've been successfully using the Ralink RT5370

On a side note, since this is a forum it would be appreciated a lil bit more support and engagement by admins and more experienced guys - constructive criticism - :thumbsup: