PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Best HDMI stick device to stream to

stu_iow
01-02-16, 16:56
Hi all,

I'm planning and re-dorating our living room in the not to distant future.
I want to leave the VU DUO2 in place and stream channels onto a another TV in the house.

What stick - wanting HDMI stick (thinking these cheap Chinese ones/ amazon fire stick / that google stick) would be I be able to use to watch channels/movies from the VU Duo2?

And if needed, what app's to do this with?

Cheers all,

Stuart

s2tephen
01-02-16, 17:15
Amazon Fire Stick
Kodi

Sicilian
01-02-16, 18:16
Buy a cheap single tuner like this http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision Mount the HDD to the single tuner from the Duo2. Install Remote channel stream convertor to single tuner and way you go. Works spot on copying all the bouquets from Duo2 box.

gibbletts
01-02-16, 18:16
I would by a cheap box instead you'll have full epg and can mount the hdd as well just connect via powerline gives much better results than kodi especially if viewing hd channels

gibbletts
01-02-16, 18:17
Great minds think alike

s2tephen
01-02-16, 18:39
You can have EPG / Picons and watch Recorded TV as well on kodi with Amazon Stick.

DaMacFunkin
01-02-16, 19:00
But as many people will testify sometimes it doesn't work or the wireless goes a bit crappy or TV headend crashes importing channel list and on and on...
Cheap enigma2 box everyday of the week for this process.

Sicilian
01-02-16, 19:01
You can have EPG / Picons and watch Recorded TV as well on kodi with Amazon Stick.

I'm still yet to find a device streaming through kodi to work as well as RCSC, but we'll take your word for it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
01-02-16, 20:28
But as many people will testify sometimes it doesn't work or the wireless goes a bit crappy or TV headend crashes importing channel list and on and on...
Cheap enigma2 box everyday of the week for this process.Works ok for me, not sure who these "many people are".

stu_iow
10-04-16, 11:18
Right, I'm going to invest in a second "slave" box to connect to the VU duo2.
Could anyone tell me if the Edison OS mini or the VU+ Zero would be a better buy. Very similar prices.
They essential look like very similar boxes, same RAM/Same CPU.
I myself am leaning towards VU+ simply because I've owned them for about 6/7 years without any issue.