PDA

View Full Version : Mutant 2400 - catch up

Nunhead_Man
01-02-16, 10:37
Back to playing with my 2400 - early 2016 catch up.........

1) latest Vix update please?

Latest here is openvixhd-Apollo.077-mutant2400_usb

Ps I get "openvixhd" and "077-mutant2400_usb"

But what is "-Apollo" ?

2) Box complaining it needs an EPG installed - it this separate to VIX distro?

Bazzer
01-02-16, 10:51
You are using a very old image there are guides on here how to flash and set up your Mutant. I will post them in a minute when I have finished breakies :D

Nunhead_Man
01-02-16, 10:54
Hi

You are using a very old image there are guides on here how to flash and set up your Mutant. I will post them in a minute when I have finished breakies :D

Ta muchly

Bazzer
01-02-16, 10:58
http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Mutant-HD2400/openvix-3.2.036.release-mutant2400_usb.zip
Me personally would use Image Manager to flash make sure you do not update it needs to be a flash.

Bazzer
01-02-16, 11:14
To flash via Image Manager. Press Blue >Vix>Image Manager>Press Yellow>Highlight 036 and press Blue .That will flash your image.

Bazzer
01-02-16, 11:24
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide.
If it was me I would set up has above and start a fresh unless you are happy with your settings if so then restore when asked.

Nunhead_Man
01-02-16, 18:16
Re "To flash via Image Manager. Press Blue >Vix>Image Manager>Press Yellow>Highlight 036 and press Blue .That will flash your image.

Thanks - can I check ....

1) extract zipped file to the root of a FAt32 bit formatted USB key
2) plug into Mut@ant
3) press Blue on the Mutant remote to get >Vix>Image Manager>Press Yellow on the remote >Highlight 036 and press Blue on the remote

And off we go?

Also again I had said "Box complaining it needs an EPG installed - it this separate to VIX distro?" - is it?

Again thanks

Flyingpig
01-02-16, 18:22
EPG is not a distro it is something that you setup.

EPG = Electronic Porgramme Guide ((I THINK)) = This tells you what is on what channel and when.

You go into Menu>Setup>EPG and setup from there - plenty of guides on here.

Thanks,

FP.

Bazzer
01-02-16, 19:24
Re "To flash via Image Manager. Press Blue >Vix>Image Manager>Press Yellow>Highlight 036 and press Blue .That will flash your image.

Thanks - can I check ....

1) extract zipped file to the root of a FAt32 bit formatted USB key
2) plug into Mut@ant
3) press Blue on the Mutant remote to get >Vix>Image Manager>Press Yellow on the remote >Highlight 036 and press Blue on the remote

And off we go?

Also again I had said "Box complaining it needs an EPG installed - it this separate to VIX distro?" - is it?

Again thanks

No need to use USB just use Image Manager , read the new setup and install epg etc that way.

Flyingpig
01-02-16, 19:26
Press Blue Button>ViX>Image Manager>Download new Image>

Once downloaded - Highlight Image and select Restore.......

Nunhead_Man
01-02-16, 19:32

Errr - are you assuming the box is connected to the internet or satellite? As it is neither just now

Bazzer
01-02-16, 19:34
Well it would have helped if you told us that in the first place :confused:

Nunhead_Man
01-02-16, 19:40

Ah? Are you assuming I'm connected to the internet or satellite?

Neither just now

Nunhead_Man
01-02-16, 19:41
Sorry - second reply by mistake - soz - so USB it is?

Nunhead_Man
02-02-16, 12:30
Sorry - second reply by mistake - soz - so USB it is?

All OK now as USB worked as usual - push in stick and press channel up as it boots

Nunhead_Man
05-02-16, 10:18
All OK now as USB worked as usual - push in stick and press channel up as it boots

Hmm (chorus) on no it has'nt :confused:

Also as it is now connected to out network by DHCP and to a dish I thought I'd try the blue key route

Does it take time for the downloads screen to populate?

ronand
05-02-16, 12:05
Yes it can take a few seconds to populate. The image download can take a few minutes and there is no progress bar so be patient.

Nunhead_Man
05-02-16, 14:27
Yes it can take a few seconds to populate

An hour should be enough? Nothing there at all

Remind me - using a USB key I hit the <channel up> key to "flash" ?

Any possibility as I'm so far out of date that I need an interim distro?

Nunhead_Man
05-02-16, 15:04
Also checked the network - all fine can see the gateway etc

And apart from the Vix downloads being blank the "software" option says "feeds are down for maintaining " or summat

Nunhead_Man
05-02-16, 18:27
No one? This box is heading for the skip and you lot for a twitter storm if not

chaser
05-02-16, 19:14
Remind me - using a USB key I hit the <channel up> key to "flash" ?

Any possibility as I'm so far out of date that I need an interim distro?

No need for interim updates. Dowload the very latest and follow the flashing guide...

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20Mut@nt%20HD2400.pdf

and this attitude won't gain you much support...

and you lot for a twitter storm if not

Please remember that those who develop the excellent Vix image, and everyone who provides support on this forum does it in their own time and for free.

Bazzer
05-02-16, 19:32
Well said chaser, I have had the Mutant a year nearly now and it's the best box I have ever owned with hardly any issues especially with flashing via USB or image manager . @Nunhead I will give you 50 quid for it instead of the skip :D

twol
05-02-16, 20:39
No one? This box is heading for the skip and you lot for a twitter storm if not

Perhaps a little bit of reading and trying to understand what you have bought might help ... You have to put something in to get something out .... But so many people today think easy come easy go:)

ronand
05-02-16, 22:37
60 quid for it.

Bazzer
06-02-16, 00:22
60 quid for it.

Looks like we have both failed m8 I ain't going no higher . I reckon a little reading and polite help should get it up and running :thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
06-02-16, 08:20

Insert usb (with latest image on), power off at the rear rocker switch, then power back on with the rear rocker switch, when you see it say on the front oled screen "found image, update?", press the up button immediately. Your receiver will now go through the flashing procedure. This will take about 2 to 3 mins, if not and it boots up, you most likely haven't extracted the image correctly onto the usb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nunhead_Man
08-02-16, 18:20
Ah! worked out how to flash from USB using up channel on the box not on the remote - instructions stored here out of date

And sorry to all for being ratty - spending half a day trying to sort something out never puts me in a good mood.

I know the builds are done FOC - much like those for the Topfield (see http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum) we know and love where I have contributed over the years

ccs
08-02-16, 18:28
Instructions look ok to me....

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20Mut@nt%20HD2400.pdf

candyman2
27-03-16, 17:51
i bought my Mutant 2400 from our Sponsor a month ago,i am using OpenVix Image 4 0 002 ,the problem i am getting is that the Reciver does not respond to the RC
or Controls on the Reciver.Have tryed other Images OpenAtv,OpenPLI,after a while it's the same.The only think i can do switch off and on from the Switch on the back of the Reciver.Any help appreciated.Thank's

Bazzer
27-03-16, 18:01
You should really start your own thread m8, do you have a universal remote to try ?

candyman2
29-03-16, 11:28
Sorry,i am a new member and still feeling my way round this Forum.no i haven't Universel RC.Idon't think after turning the Reciver off and on again it works ok.

Bazzer
29-03-16, 12:49
Sorry,i am a new member and still feeling my way round this Forum.no i haven't Universel RC.Idon't think after turning the Reciver off and on again it works ok.

Ok I know this might sound silly but when you look on the right hand side of the remote there are three functions a charger connection , headphone and a on , off switch just make sure the switch is in the on position. If it is on then all I can think of is a dodgy remote and if that is the case you need to contact the sponsors they are very helpful .