PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Micro] Unable to Flash

Yellow Ostrich
30-01-16, 11:32
Hi,

Currently I have 3 boxes setup at home.

TM-Nano-3T, Gigablue x1 and a Miraclebox Micro Premium.

The process I follow for reflashing which seems to work without issue and has worked with the new VIX Image is:

1. Image Backup
2. Copy dowloaded upgrade zip file to hdd\imagebackups
3. Start Image Restore Process

On the other boxes this worked fine (I've done it this way for ages as I'm lazy and can't be bothered to use a usb stick).

The MiracleBox rebooted and now I have no signal to the screen. So I created a fat32 usb drive and tried reflashing according the Reflash pdf.

The problem is that the blue indicator on the MB does not blink so nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Yellow Ostrich.

Yellow Ostrich
30-01-16, 11:55
Don't worry, fixed.

Found my old faithful. Little Red Flashing Usb stick and it did the trick.

Sorry to be a pain,

Yellow Ostrich.

twol
30-01-16, 12:55
Why don,t you do the image and settings backups, then go to image backup, download images choose your new image version, and then restore ..... Don,t have use to touch a usb or copy the file anywhere

imish
31-01-16, 01:53
Don't worry, fixed.

Found my old faithful. Little Red Flashing Usb stick and it did the trick.

Sorry to be a pain,

Yellow Ostrich.

i'm having the exact same issue - can you elaborate on how you fixed it?

imish
31-01-16, 02:31
Managed to get it working by flashing from a clean USB - lost all my settings so having to re-setup the box again.

Flashing from image manager resulted in a dead box.

ccs
31-01-16, 11:48
.... you'll always lose your settings if you haven't backed them up.

With an image backup you can get back to where you were, should the need arise, in a matter of minutes.

imish
31-01-16, 13:51
.... you'll always lose your settings if you haven't backed them up.

With an image backup you can get back to where you were, should the need arise, in a matter of minutes.

did back up my settings - know how the backup procedure works. worked fine on my premium ultra box without issues however on the micro the procedure failed.

To micro users out there - beware.

invisiblelayer
31-01-16, 15:06
Managed to get it working by flashing from a clean USB - lost all my settings so having to re-setup the box again.

Flashing from image manager resulted in a dead box.

Yes same for my micro box so did the same on Friday, USB worked fine.

As for the my parents miraclebox premium mini when flashed it's showing 1 empty update available after flashing, tried it 3 times clean flash from usb and the same, I'll try again next weekend or when the next image is available