PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Flashing update icon

dundeepeh
29-01-16, 18:53
Hi
The update icon keeps on flashing for me to do an update. I did one this morning everything went fine, but now it is flashing to do another update .when I go and try to do the update it says[13 updated packages available] but when I press to view the changes, there is nothing there .If I press to upgrade and reboot system it does this ok, but after it has rebooted ,the update icon will start flashing again in a short while. Hope this makes sense LOL

Bazzer
29-01-16, 19:09
Did you flash or just update you need to flash via Image Manager or by usb , you can also restore settings

dundeepeh
29-01-16, 19:10
I just did an update

Stone123
29-01-16, 19:13
You have the same issue as me:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50117-Upgrade-issues-due-to-new-GST-version

dundeepeh
29-01-16, 19:16
did you managed to get it solved

Bazzer
29-01-16, 19:16
Menu>Setup>Vix>Image Manager>press yellow>press green to download>Close >Highlight 036 press Blue to flash .

Bazzer
29-01-16, 19:18
Sicillian gave all a warning you must flash not just update but you can restore settings :thumbsup:

2stein
29-01-16, 19:29
an update should not be offered if a fresh flash is required. not everybody is reading the forum every day.

Bazzer
29-01-16, 19:33
To be honest I fresh flash via Image Manager and restore settings with every update not a massive issue .

2stein
29-01-16, 19:40
i don't have an issue either... but from a conceptual point of view it would be nicer, if the update would be blocked.

dundeepeh
29-01-16, 19:52
Yes have to agree ,the update should be blocked

2stein
29-01-16, 20:16
the easiest implementation would be to have a release # and update #
Like 2.4
as long is the release # stays the same you can update, if the release # increases (e.g. to 3.1) you have to fresh flash.
simple.

Punish3r
29-01-16, 22:12
It is so piss easy to clean flash and restore, no need to block it.

Ran through:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores

Took me 5mins, all back up and running as before.

GiP
01-02-16, 10:20
It is so piss easy to clean flash and restore, no need to block it.

Yes it's easy, but the problem is knowing when you need to flash and when you can update.
I got burned once and now I never update before checking the site, but not everyone knows, and the problem is real.
On the other hand unless there is a way to implement a "lock" in the update procedure for older versions I have no idea how to solve this.

G

supra59uk
19-02-16, 22:24
Hi All

I have been down the same road before trying to update and after the update as finished its still the same release.

Its ok saying its easy , anything is easy when you know, But for alot of users including me you just think there is something wrong with your setup a glitch or something
and keep trying different things to try to make it work, then when all else fails you head for the forum which maybe is a good thing but it would be nice if there was a way to let you know
you need to flash the box.

Dannylfc
19-02-16, 22:40
still getting the green arrow flashing. I have Menu>Setup>Vix>Image Manager>press yellow>press green to download>Close. I am now on Build 36, but the green update arrow is still flashing. Box is Xtrend ET8000. Also on Build 36 the volume and channel button did not work

Dannylfc
19-02-16, 22:44
flashed back to original build 35 and channel and volume buttons not working. Any ideas

Dannylfc
19-02-16, 22:47
Sorted it by pressing STB. Green flashing icon remains though

Dannylfc
20-02-16, 16:54
Green arrow remains. Have flashed build 36 trough image manager and restored previous settings but still green arrow. Any suggestions?

Edit - fixed it. Software update now clearer green arrow

Andy_Hazza
20-02-16, 17:36
You must be doing something wrong unless you happen to have ocram picons installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
20-02-16, 18:18
Just to add to above post, if you have Ocram's picons and feeds installed, whenver the picosn are updated you will get one update showing with no details.

The detailed way to find out what the updates are is to issue following command:

opkg update && opkg list-upgradable